Progressing through school means bigger workloads and tougher assignments, but there is a way to help your child take on these challenges and fulfill his or her potential. With Sylvan's study skills programs in Oakville, you can help your child manage his or her time better, prepare for exams more effectively and lay the groundwork for a successful university application. It's a great way to stay on top of even the most demanding "to do" lists. Our study skills program not only helps improve academic performance — it also builds valuable organizational skills that extend into the real world. That's how we help Oakville pre-teens and teens prepare to succeed in the classroom and beyond.
A Personalized Approach
When it comes to strengthening those all-important "higher order" thinking skills, different students have different needs. From exam preparation to advanced research and active listening skills, a number of factors have to be considered in order to maximize all-round academic performance. At Sylvan, we start by evaluating each student’s needs so we’re able to tailor our approach and fill each session with relevant ways to improve grades through better study habits.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors That Make a Difference
After you've signed your son or daughter up for our study skills program in Oakville, what can you expect next? You'll see that our tutors are experts at instilling study habits that will serve your child well in the classroom and beyond. That includes tips for managing exam preparation and project planning more effectively. Our main goal is to instill a positive attitude, making sure we take the time to recognize students for the progress they make during each session.
Our study skills program includes:
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits to better manage time and responsibilities.
- Active reading strategies, including reading comprehension strategies, as well as active listening strategies and presentation skills.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to tackle different types of questions and manage anxiety.
- Writing and research tips such as learning how to evaluate sources and write a bibliography.
- How to locate, evaluate and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the university admissions process and prepare for job interviews. Convenient scheduling options to make it easier for you to manage your family's time!