The older your child gets, the more difficult and demanding school assignments are going to become — but that just means he or she will have to develop the skills to conquer every new challenge that comes along. Sylvan’s study skills programs in Markham make teaching solid time management and exam prep methods a top priority so your child is better prepared for upcoming university applications. It's a great way to make sure that growing "to do" list doesn't have any negative effects. But our study skills program doesn’t just encourage academic success — it also improves organizational habits that students will put to good use outside of the classroom. That's how we make sure children and teens in Markham and beyond are well prepared to succeed.
An Approach Tailored to Your Child
Every student learns those all important “higher order” thinking skills differently. In fact, maximizing academic performance could take a variety of different techniques, such as active listening, assignment planning and exam preparation. At Sylvan, we’ll spend time understanding each student’s personal needs and learning style in order to make sure they get the most out of every session, building confidence and better study skills along the way.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Our Tutors Can Help Make a Difference
So what can you expect when you register your son or daughter for our study skills program in Markham? Our tutoring experts will instill life-long study skills that will pay dividends far beyond school. That includes study tips that reveal how to make assignments and exams less intimidating and more manageable. We also recognize every milestone reached, encouraging students to continue fostering their new habits, skills and attitudes.
What does our study skills program cover?
- Time management tips, note-taking techniques and stronger organizational skills.
- Advanced comprehensive strategies, including active reading and active listening.
- Test prep and test day strategies that cover every kind of exam question and reveal how to control anxiety levels.
- How to evaluate sources, write a bibliography, and use digital resources responsibly.
- How to put together a successful university application.
- Resume and cover letter techniques, as well as job interview preparation tips.
Start Now and Save