As your child gets older, school workloads will grow and assignment difficulty will increase — but it’s possible for your child to confidently take on new challenges. With Sylvan's study skills programs in Markham, you can help your child manage his or her time better, prepare for exams more effectively and lay the groundwork for a successful university application. It's a great way to make sure that growing "to do" list doesn't have any negative effects. Our study skills program not only helps improve academic performance — it also builds valuable organizational skills that extend into the real world. Our instructors know exactly how to set students in Markham up for future success.
Our Personal Learning Experience
Not all students learn those essential “higher order” thinking skills the same way. In fact, maximizing academic performance could take a variety of different techniques, such as active listening, assignment planning and exam preparation. At Sylvan, adapting to each student’s unique needs is a priority so we’re able to provide relevant and personalized sessions that focus on practical study tips for boosting grades and building confidence.▼
Tutors That Teach the Right Habits
Wondering what you can look forward to once you've registered your child for our study skills program in Markham? Our tutoring experts will focus on teaching useful, life-long study skills that can be applied towards greater achievements in class and beyond. That includes handy tips that make all kinds of exams, assignments and tests much more manageable. We also work on encouraging a positive attitude and acknowledging students for every goal and milestone reached.
Our study skills program has it all:
- Time management advice and smart organizational tips that will help develop better habits.
- Note-taking methods.
- More effective learning skills, including active reading, active listening and improved presentation skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies offer guidance and help reduce anxiety. How to utilize and share digital information wisely.
- Writing and research advice on how to choose the best sources and write an accurate bibliography.
- Tips for understanding the university admissions process and preparing for job interviews.
- Convenient class times so you can manage your family’s time and resources more efficiently.