As your child advances through each grade, the difficulty and frequency of assignments is going to increase — but learning how to conquer new challenges with ease is possible. Sylvan's study skills program in Markham is designed to help students improve their time management, learn how to prepare for tests and successfully prepare for challenges to come. It’s an excellent way to encourage the best habits for staying on top of even the longest “to do” list.
A Tailored, Personal Approach
Every student learns those all important “higher order” thinking skills differently. From exam preparation to advanced research and active listening skills, a number of factors have to be considered in order to maximize all-round academic performance. At Sylvan, adapting to each student’s unique needs is a priority so we’re able to provide relevant and personalized sessions that focus on practical study tips for boosting grades and building confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
See the Difference We Can Make
So what should your expectations be when you register your child for our study skills program in Markham? You'll see that our tutors are experts at instilling study habits that will serve your child well in the classroom and beyond. That includes revealing methods to take the intimidation factor out of assignments, projects and tests. We also help students foster their newly acquired habits and attitudes, recognizing each milestone reached and every skill mastered.
Our program covers the following:
- Strategic and academic planning: How to set goals and track projects in the short-term and long-term.
- Time management: How to use your time more effectively and manage workloads.
- Better organization: How to create a better personal study space and organize schoolwork.
- Planning and performance management: How to make use of an academic planner and track grades.
- Expectation management: How to identify teacher expectations, understand priorities and start using active listening techniques in class.
- Higher education and career preparation: How to successfully navigate the university admissions process, write a compelling cover letter and prepare for a job interview.