As your child gets older, school workloads will grow and assignment difficulty will increase — but it’s possible for your child to confidently take on new challenges. Sylvan’s study skills programs in London make teaching solid time management and test prep methods a top priority so your child is better prepared for the challenges that lie ahead. It’s an effective way to nurture the skills to manage any “to do” list.
A Customized, Personal Approach
There is no "one-size-fits-all" way to develop important "higher order" thinking skills. Whether they need assistance with exam prep, assignment planning, research methods or improving their active listening skills, we have it covered. That's why we take each student's unique needs into consideration, tailoring our sessions to focus on proven ways to study more effectively and boost grades.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
An Immediate and Long-Lasting Difference
So what should your expectations be when you register your child for our study skills program in London? Our experienced tutors will be there to help your child develop study skills that will last a lifetime. They will also provide useful tips for improving test preparation as well as assignment and project planning. We also reinforce positive habits and attitudes, recognizing students for every skill they learn and milestone they reach.
What your child will take away from our study skills program:
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits to better manage time and responsibilities.
- Active reading strategies, including reading comprehension strategies, as well as active listening strategies and presentation skills.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to tackle different types of questions and manage anxiety.
- Writing and research tips such as learning how to evaluate sources and write a bibliography.
- How to locate, evaluate and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the university admissions process and prepare for job interviews. Convenient scheduling options to make it easier for you to manage your family's time!