As your child progresses through his or her school career, you can expect the workloads to get bigger and the assignments to get tougher — but there is a way to successfully prepare for these challenges. Register your child for Sylvan's study skills program in London and we'll help him or her manage time better, prepare for exams effectively and even start laying the groundwork for a great university application. It's a great way to make sure that growing "to do" list doesn't have any negative effects. After all, success at school demands strong organizational habits as well as effective academic skills. That's how our study skills experts are helping London students get on the path to success in the classroom and beyond.
A Tailored Approach with a Personal Touch
There is no "one-size-fits-all" way to develop important "higher order" thinking skills. In fact, anything from exam preparation, assignment planning to active listening skills could be needed to maximize all-round academic performance. At Sylvan, we take each student’s unique learning style into consideration to make sure our sessions are relevant as well as personalized, zeroing in on the most beneficial ways to study, leading to better grades and more confidence.▼
See the Difference We Can Make
Wondering what you can look forward to once you've registered your child for our study skills program in London? Our experienced tutors will be there to help your child develop study skills that will last a lifetime. That includes advice on how to make test preparation and project planning more manageable. We also help students nurture positive habits, recognizing every skill mastered and every milestone reached.
Our study skills program includes:
- Tips for developing better time management and planning habits.
- Test day strategies for managing stress and improving results.
- Efficient note-taking techniques that will make studying and preparing for tests easier.
- Active reading and listening strategies that will increase comprehension and improve presentation skills.
- Learn research best practices, how to choose the right sources and how to write an accurate bibliography.
- Practice and improve written communication skills.
- Help navigating the ins and out of the university admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Beneficial scheduling options that will help you manage your family’s time effectively.