As your child advances through each grade, the difficulty and frequency of assignments is going to increase — but learning how to conquer new challenges with ease is possible. With Sylvan’s study skills programs in London, your child will spend time learning effective time management and exam prep strategies that will put them on the right track towards successful university applications. It's a great way to gain the skills needed to balance even the longest "to do" list. Our study skills program not only helps improve academic performance — it also builds valuable organizational skills that extend into the real world. That’s how our experts help prepare students in London for success in the classroom and beyond.
Tailored to Fit Individual Needs
No two adolescents have identical learning styles — and that includes how they develop those essential “higher order” thinking skills. Whether they need assistance with exam prep, assignment planning, research methods or improving their active listening skills, we have it covered. At Sylvan, we start by evaluating each student’s needs so we’re able to tailor our approach and fill each session with relevant ways to improve grades through better study habits.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors That Teach the Right Habits
After you've signed your son or daughter up for our study skills program in London, what can you expect next? Our tutoring experts will instill life-long study skills that will pay dividends far beyond school. That includes handy tips that make all kinds of exams, assignments and tests much more manageable. We also work on encouraging a positive attitude and acknowledging students for every goal and milestone reached.
Our study skills program offers:
- Time management tips, note-taking techniques and stronger organizational skills.
- Advanced comprehensive strategies, including active reading and active listening.
- Test prep and test day strategies that cover every kind of exam question and reveal how to control anxiety levels.
- How to evaluate sources, write a bibliography, and use digital resources responsibly.
- How to put together a successful university application.
- Resume and cover letter techniques, as well as job interview preparation tips.