As your child gets older, school workloads will grow and assignment difficulty will increase — but it’s possible for your child to confidently take on new challenges. With Sylvan’s study skills programs in Hamilton, your child will spend time learning effective time management and exam prep strategies that will put them on the right track towards successful university applications. It’s the perfect way to build an understanding of how to manage even the longest “to do” list. After all, our study skills program isn't only focused on academics: it emphasizes all-round organizational tools and techniques as well. Our study skills experts are dedicated to preparing your child for success in school and beyond.
Tailored to Fit Individual Needs
There is no "one-size-fits-all" way to develop important "higher order" thinking skills. We offer everything from assistance with exam preparation and assignment planning to research strategies and techniques for developing better active listening skills. That's why our sessions are tailored to be personal and relevant, equipping students with the tools they need to be effective, confident learners.▼
Tutors That Make a Difference
Wondering what you can look forward to once you've registered your child for our study skills program in Hamilton? You'll see that our tutors are experts at instilling study habits that will serve your child well in the classroom and beyond. That includes handy tips that make all kinds of exams, assignments and tests much more manageable. Our main goal is to instill a positive attitude, making sure we take the time to recognize students for the progress they make during each session.
Our study skills program has it all:
- Active reading and listening strategies, as well as presentation techniques.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to manage anxiety and take on various types of questions.
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Writing and research tips, including how to assess the suitability of sources and create a bibliography.
- How to use and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the university admissions process.