Developing strong study habits early on is essential if you want your child to succeed. Our Study Skills programs in Hamilton can help educate your son or daughter on how to manage increasing workloads from elementary, high school and university to the workforce. Our tutors know which study tips and techniques will have the biggest impact, whether your child is falling behind or wants to get ahead.
Tips for Studying Smart
We ensure that good study habits become second nature by combining personal instruction with independent practice—and plentiful opportunities to put developing skills to the test!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
Every child has unique needs, which means the process of instilling useful, life-long study skills, and reinforcing positive behaviors and attitudes when it comes to studying won’t be one size fits all. Luckily, our Personalized Tutoring programs take that into consideration. You can expect the following skill sets to be covered:
- Effective note taking: Aids like color coding and flash cards can help make studying more effective.
- Research best practices: From evaluating sources to writing a proper bibliography.
- Time management: Organizing and prioritizing are the keys to efficient study habits.
- Mastering the writing process: With practice, your child will learn how to become a stronger writer.
- Active reading: Better comprehension skills will improve your child's scores across all subjects.
- Online safety: How to choose reliable sources and share digital information responsibly.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Our expert tutors teach teens skills that can be used in school, university and beyond, including digital literacy, goal setting, study habits, time management and more. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Sharpen the right skills: You decide the skill areas to focus on — such as note-taking or presentation skills — so we're concentrating on the areas most relevant to your teen.
- Gain more confidence: We encourage positive behaviors and attitudes to help teens gain the confidence to persevere and meet big expectations.
- Develop skills for the future: We can help him or her work on public speaking, goal setting and even job interview preparation.