Workloads grow and assignments get tougher as your child progresses through school, but there is a way to successfully take on these challenges. Sylvan’s study skills programs in Guelph make teaching solid time management and exam prep methods a top priority so your child is better prepared for upcoming university applications. It's a great way to learn how to take on even the longest "to do" list. After all, we emphasize practical organizational skills as part of our study skills program in addition to proven academic techniques. That's how our study skills experts are helping Guelph students get on the path to success in the classroom and beyond.
A Customized, Personal Approach
Different students have different needs when it comes to mastering those critically important "higher order" thinking skills. Developing strategies for more effective exam preparation, assignment planning and active listening in the classroom are all essential to long-term success. At Sylvan, we take each student’s unique learning style into consideration to make sure our sessions are relevant as well as personalized, zeroing in on the most beneficial ways to study, leading to better grades and more confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Our Tutors Make a Difference
Register your child in one of our study skills programs in Guelph and you can expect nothing but positive changes. Our tutoring experts will teach practical study and organizational skills that can be used in school and throughout life. That includes revealing methods to take the intimidation factor out of assignments, projects and tests. We also help students foster their newly acquired habits and attitudes, recognizing each milestone reached and every skill mastered.
Our study skills program includes:
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits to better manage time and responsibilities.
- Active reading strategies, including reading comprehension strategies, as well as active listening strategies and presentation skills.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to tackle different types of questions and manage anxiety.
- Writing and research tips such as learning how to evaluate sources and write a bibliography.
- How to locate, evaluate and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the university admissions process and prepare for job interviews. Convenient scheduling options to make it easier for you to manage your family's time!