As your child progresses through his or her school career, you can expect the workloads to get bigger and the assignments to get tougher — but there is a way to successfully prepare for these challenges. With Sylvan’s study skills programs in Guelph, your child will spend time learning effective time management and exam prep strategies that will put them on the right track towards successful university applications. It’s an excellent way to encourage the best habits for staying on top of even the longest “to do” list. After all, we emphasize practical organizational skills as part of our study skills program in addition to proven academic techniques. That’s how our experts prepare students in Guelph for success an all facets of their lives.
A Customized, Personal Approach
Not all adolescents have the same needs when it comes to developing those all-important "higher order" thinking skills. In fact, anything from exam preparation, assignment planning to active listening skills could be needed to maximize all-round academic performance. That's why we take each student's unique needs into consideration, tailoring our sessions to focus on proven ways to study more effectively and boost grades.▼
Tutors You Can Count On
So what happens next once you've registered your son or daughter for our study skills program in Guelph? Our tutoring experts will teach practical skills for studying and organizing that can be used in and beyond the classroom. That includes study tips that reveal how to make assignments and exams less intimidating and more manageable. We also reinforce positive habits and attitudes, recognizing students for every skill they learn and milestone they reach.
Our program covers the following:
- Active reading and listening strategies, as well as presentation techniques.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to manage anxiety and take on various types of questions.
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Writing and research tips, including how to assess the suitability of sources and create a bibliography.
- How to use and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the university admissions process.