As your child progresses through his or her school career, you can expect the workloads to get bigger and the assignments to get tougher — but there is a way to successfully prepare for these challenges. Sylvan's study skills program in Guelph is designed to help students improve their time management, learn how to prepare for exams and start working towards a strong university application. It's a great way to find out how to get the better of any "to do" list. After all, our study skills program focuses on practical organizational skills as well as proven academic techniques. That's how our experts tee up Guelph students for real success at school — and beyond.
Tailored to Fit Individual Needs
No two adolescents have identical learning styles — and that includes how they develop those essential “higher order” thinking skills. Developing strategies for more effective exam preparation, assignment planning and active listening in the classroom are all essential to long-term success. That's why our sessions are tailored to be personal and relevant, equipping students with the tools they need to be effective, confident learners.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
We're Here to Make a Difference
So what happens once your son or daughter is registered for our study skills program in Guelph? You'll see that our tutors are experts at instilling study habits that will serve your child well in the classroom and beyond. They will also provide useful tips for improving test preparation as well as assignment and project planning. Our main goal is to instill a positive attitude, making sure we take the time to recognize students for the progress they make during each session.
Our study skills program has it all:
- Tips for developing better time management and planning habits.
- Test day strategies for managing stress and improving results.
- Efficient note-taking techniques that will make studying and preparing for tests easier.
- Active reading and listening strategies that will increase comprehension and improve presentation skills.
- Learn research best practices, how to choose the right sources and how to write an accurate bibliography.
- Practice and improve written communication skills.
- Help navigating the ins and out of the university admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Beneficial scheduling options that will help you manage your family’s time effectively.