As your child makes his or her way through school, it's inevitable that the workloads will become more demanding and the assignments will get tougher — but there is a way to prepare for these growing challenges. Sylvan's study skills program in Etobicoke is designed to help students improve their time management, learn how to prepare for exams and start working towards a strong university application. It's a great way to find out how to get the better of any "to do" list. But our study skills program doesn’t just encourage academic success — it also improves organizational habits that students will put to good use outside of the classroom. That's how our study skills experts are helping Etobicoke students get on the path to success in the classroom and beyond.
A Customized, Personal Approach
Every student learns those all important “higher order” thinking skills differently. In fact, a combination of techniques are needed to ensure the best possible academic performance, including advanced research skills, assignment planning and the ability to use active listening in class. That's why we personalize our sessions to make sure each student has the support and guidance to study more effectively, boost grades and gain more confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors That Make a Difference
So what is in store when you register your son or daughter for our study skills program in Etobicoke? Our tutoring experts will teach practical study and organizational skills that can be used in school and throughout life. That includes revealing methods to take the intimidation factor out of assignments, projects and tests. We also help students nurture positive habits, recognizing every skill mastered and every milestone reached.
Our program covers the following:
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits to better manage time and responsibilities.
- Active reading strategies, including reading comprehension strategies, as well as active listening strategies and presentation skills.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to tackle different types of questions and manage anxiety.
- Writing and research tips such as learning how to evaluate sources and write a bibliography.
- How to locate, evaluate and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the university admissions process and prepare for job interviews. Convenient scheduling options to make it easier for you to manage your family's time!