As your child continues to progress through each grade, workloads and assignments will become tougher to manage — but there are strategies for conquering new challenges with ease. Register your child for Sylvan's study skills program in Courtice and we'll help him or her manage time better, prepare for exams effectively and even start laying the groundwork for a great university application. It's a great way to gain the skills needed to balance even the longest "to do" list. Our study skills program focuses on more than academic best practices — it also builds positive organizational habits that last a lifetime. Our study skills experts are dedicated to preparing your child for success in school and beyond.
Relevant and Personalized
School students have different needs when it comes to honing transferable "higher order" thinking skills. In fact, anything from exam preparation, assignment planning to active listening skills could be needed to maximize all-round academic performance. At Sylvan, we assess each student's needs to ensure our sessions are not only relevant but personalized, focusing on the most effective ways to study better, boost grades and gain confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Our Tutors Make a Difference
So what is in store when you register your son or daughter for our study skills program in Courtice? Our tutoring experts will teach practical skills for studying and organizing that can be used in and beyond the classroom. That includes tips for managing exam preparation and project planning more effectively. Our number one focus is nurturing a positive attitude and sustainable habits, making sure to take the time to recognize every student’s progress.
Our study skills program has it all:
- Active reading and listening strategies, as well as presentation techniques.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to manage anxiety and take on various types of questions.
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Writing and research tips, including how to assess the suitability of sources and create a bibliography.
- How to use and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the university admissions process.