The older your child gets, the more difficult and demanding school assignments are going to become — but that just means he or she will have to develop the skills to conquer every new challenge that comes along. Sylvan’s study skills programs in Courtice make teaching solid time management and exam prep methods a top priority so your child is better prepared for upcoming university applications. It's a great way to make sure that growing "to do" list doesn't have any negative effects. But our study skills program doesn’t just encourage academic success — it also improves organizational habits that students will put to good use outside of the classroom. Our instructors know exactly how to set students in Courtice up for future success.
A Customized, Personal Approach
Not all students learn those essential “higher order” thinking skills the same way. We offer everything from assistance with exam preparation and assignment planning to research strategies and techniques for developing better active listening skills. That's why we personalize our sessions to make sure each student has the support and guidance to study more effectively, boost grades and gain more confidence.▼
Our Tutors Make a Difference
So what can you expect when you register your son or daughter for our study skills program in Courtice? Our tutoring experts will impart study skills that are not only applicable in school but can also be used throughout life. That includes revealing methods to take the intimidation factor out of assignments, projects and tests. We also focus on fostering a positive attitude towards education by making sure to acknowledge every student’s accomplishments on a regular basis.
Our study skills program at a glance:
- Active reading and listening strategies, as well as presentation techniques.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to manage anxiety and take on various types of questions.
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Writing and research tips, including how to assess the suitability of sources and create a bibliography.
- How to use and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the university admissions process.