As your child gets older, school workloads will grow and assignment difficulty will increase — but it’s possible for your child to confidently take on new challenges. Sylvan’s study skills programs in Cobourg make teaching solid time management and exam prep methods a top priority so your child is better prepared for upcoming university applications. It’s the ideal way to foster positive habits for managing even the most extensive “to do” list. After all, we emphasize practical organizational skills as part of our study skills program in addition to proven academic techniques. That's how our experts tee up Cobourg students for real success at school — and beyond.
Our Personal Learning Experience
Not all adolescents have the same needs when it comes to developing those all-important "higher order" thinking skills. Anything from help with exam preparation, assignment planning and research techniques to developing advanced active listening skills for maximizing in-class learning could be required. At Sylvan, we assess each student's needs to ensure our sessions are not only relevant but personalized, focusing on the most effective ways to study better, boost grades and gain confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors You Can Count On
Register your child in one of our study skills programs in Cobourg and you can expect nothing but positive changes. Our tutoring experts will focus on teaching useful, life-long study skills that can be applied towards greater achievements in class and beyond. That includes sharing study tips that will make assignments, projects and tests much more manageable. We also help students foster their newly acquired habits and attitudes, recognizing each milestone reached and every skill mastered.
Our study skills program includes:
- Tips for developing better time management and planning habits.
- Test day strategies for managing stress and improving results.
- Efficient note-taking techniques that will make studying and preparing for tests easier.
- Active reading and listening strategies that will increase comprehension and improve presentation skills.
- Learn research best practices, how to choose the right sources and how to write an accurate bibliography.
- Practice and improve written communication skills.
- Help navigating the ins and out of the university admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Beneficial scheduling options that will help you manage your family’s time effectively.