Workloads grow and assignments get tougher as your child progresses through school, but there is a way to successfully take on these challenges. Register your child for Sylvan's study skills program in Cobourg and we'll help him or her manage time better, prepare for exams effectively and even start laying the groundwork for a great university application. It's a great way to make sure that growing "to do" list doesn't have any negative effects. After all, we emphasize practical organizational skills as part of our study skills program in addition to proven academic techniques. Our study skills experts are dedicated to preparing your child for success in school and beyond.
A Tailored, Personal Approach
Not all students learn those essential “higher order” thinking skills the same way. In fact, maximizing academic performance could take a variety of different techniques, such as active listening, assignment planning and exam preparation. That's why we personalize our sessions to make sure each student has the support and guidance to study more effectively, boost grades and gain more confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Getting into the Right Habits
So what happens once your son or daughter is registered for our study skills program in Cobourg? You'll learn that our tutors are skilled at teaching effective habits that your child will be able to rely on in the classroom and beyond. That includes tips for managing exam preparation and project planning more effectively. Our number one focus is nurturing a positive attitude and sustainable habits, making sure to take the time to recognize every student’s progress.
Our study skills program at a glance:
- Tips for developing better planning habits that will improve time management and organization.
- Stronger reading comprehension, active listening and presentation skills.
- Writing and research methods that will improve ability to find accurate sources and write a bibliography.
- Note taking habits that will improve comprehension and make studying more efficient.
- Advice for test preparation and reducing anxiety on test day.
- Strategies for locating, evaluating and sharing digital information responsibly.
- Tips for navigating the university admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Flexible schedule options that allow you to manage your family’s time effectively.