As your child continues to progress through each grade, workloads and assignments will become tougher to manage — but there are strategies for conquering new challenges with ease. With our study skills program in Cambridge, you can help your child get ahead of the game when it comes to time management, exam preparation and even university applications. It’s the perfect way to build an understanding of how to manage even the longest “to do” list. In addition to focusing on effective techniques for academic success, our study skills program also gives students foundation of organizational skills they can take out into the real world. That's how we help Cambridge pre-teens and teens prepare to succeed in the classroom and beyond.
A Customized, Personal Approach
When it comes to strengthening those all-important "higher order" thinking skills, different students have different needs. We provide tips for smarter assignment planning and exam preparation as well as effective research strategies and advice on how to improve in-class learning with better active listening skills. At Sylvan, we assess each student's needs to ensure our sessions are not only relevant but personalized, focusing on the most effective ways to study better, boost grades and gain confidence.▼
Getting into the Right Habits
So what happens next once you've registered your son or daughter for our study skills program in Cambridge? Our tutoring experts will instill life-long study skills that will pay dividends far beyond school. That includes tips for managing exam preparation and project planning more effectively. We also recognize every milestone reached, encouraging students to continue fostering their new habits, skills and attitudes.
Our program at a glance:
- Tips for developing better time management and planning habits.
- Test day strategies for managing stress and improving results.
- Efficient note-taking techniques that will make studying and preparing for tests easier.
- Active reading and listening strategies that will increase comprehension and improve presentation skills.
- Learn research best practices, how to choose the right sources and how to write an accurate bibliography.
- Practice and improve written communication skills.
- Help navigating the ins and out of the university admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Beneficial scheduling options that will help you manage your family’s time effectively.