As your child gets older, school workloads will grow and assignment difficulty will increase — but it’s possible for your child to confidently take on new challenges. Register your child for Sylvan’s study skills programs in Burlington, and he or she will learn better time management and test prep strategies and start laying the groundwork for tackling future challenges ahead. It's a great way to gain the skills needed to balance even the longest "to do" list.
An Approach Tailored to Your Child
Different students have different needs when it comes to mastering those critically important "higher order" thinking skills. In fact, anything from exam preparation, assignment planning to active listening skills could be needed to maximize all-round academic performance. That's why we personalize our sessions to make sure each student has the support and guidance to study more effectively, boost grades and gain more confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Getting into the Right Habits
So what should your expectations be when you register your child for our study skills program in Burlington? You'll learn that our tutors are skilled at teaching effective habits that your child will be able to rely on in the classroom and beyond. They will also provide useful tips for improving test preparation as well as assignment and project planning. We also recognize every milestone reached, encouraging students to continue fostering their new habits, skills and attitudes.
Our study skills program at a glance:
- Tips for developing better time management and planning habits.
- Test day strategies for managing stress and improving results.
- Efficient note-taking techniques that will make studying and preparing for tests easier.
- Active reading and listening strategies that will increase comprehension and improve presentation skills.
- Learn research best practices, how to choose the right sources and how to write an accurate bibliography.
- Practice and improve written communication skills.
- Help navigating the ins and out of the university admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Beneficial scheduling options that will help you manage your family’s time effectively.