As your child advances through each grade, the difficulty and frequency of assignments is going to increase — but learning how to conquer new challenges with ease is possible. With Sylvan’s study skills programs in Burlington, your child will spend time learning effective time management and exam prep strategies that will put them on the right track towards successful university applications. It's a great way to find out how to get the better of any "to do" list. After all, our study skills program isn't only focused on academics: it emphasizes all-round organizational tools and techniques as well. After all, success at school demands strong organizational habits as well as effective academic skills.
A Personalized Approach
No two adolescents have identical learning styles — and that includes how they develop those essential “higher order” thinking skills. In fact, anything from exam preparation, assignment planning to active listening skills could be needed to maximize all-round academic performance. That's why we take each student's unique needs into consideration, tailoring our sessions to focus on proven ways to study more effectively and boost grades.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
See the Difference We Can Make
So what can you expect when you register your son or daughter for our study skills program in Burlington? Our experienced tutors will be there to help your child develop study skills that will last a lifetime. That includes tips for managing exam preparation and project planning more effectively. We also acknowledge each and every milestone students reach, which helps to ensure they continue using their new-found habits, skills and attitudes.
Our study skills program at a glance:
- Time management advice and smart organizational tips that will help develop better habits.
- Note-taking methods.
- More effective learning skills, including active reading, active listening and improved presentation skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies offer guidance and help reduce anxiety. How to utilize and share digital information wisely.
- Writing and research advice on how to choose the best sources and write an accurate bibliography.
- Tips for understanding the university admissions process and preparing for job interviews.
- Convenient class times so you can manage your family’s time and resources more efficiently.