Progressing through school means bigger workloads and tougher assignments, but there is a way to help your child take on these challenges and fulfill his or her potential. With our study skills program in Burlington, you can help your child get ahead of the game when it comes to time management, exam preparation and even university applications. It's a great way to gain the skills needed to balance even the longest "to do" list. Our study skills program not only helps improve academic performance — it also builds valuable organizational skills that extend into the real world. After all, success at school demands strong organizational habits as well as effective academic skills.
Tailored to Fit Individual Needs
School students have different needs when it comes to honing transferable "higher order" thinking skills. In fact, anything from exam preparation, assignment planning to active listening skills could be needed to maximize all-round academic performance. That's why our sessions are tailored to be personal and relevant, equipping students with the tools they need to be effective, confident learners.▼
Tutors That Teach the Right Habits
So what can you expect when you register your son or daughter for our study skills program in Burlington? Our tutoring experts will teach practical study and organizational skills that can be used in school and throughout life. They will also provide useful tips for improving test preparation as well as assignment and project planning. We also work on encouraging a positive attitude and acknowledging students for every goal and milestone reached.
Our program covers the following:
- Tips for developing better planning habits that will improve time management and organization.
- Stronger reading comprehension, active listening and presentation skills.
- Writing and research methods that will improve ability to find accurate sources and write a bibliography.
- Note taking habits that will improve comprehension and make studying more efficient.
- Advice for test preparation and reducing anxiety on test day.
- Strategies for locating, evaluating and sharing digital information responsibly.
- Tips for navigating the university admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Flexible schedule options that allow you to manage your family’s time effectively.