As your child makes his or her way through school, it's inevitable that the workloads will become more demanding and the assignments will get tougher — but there is a way to prepare for these growing challenges. With Sylvan's study skills programs in Burlington, you can help your child manage his or her time better, prepare for exams more effectively and lay the groundwork for a successful university application. It’s the ideal way to foster positive habits for managing even the most extensive “to do” list. Our study skills program focuses on more than academic best practices — it also builds positive organizational habits that last a lifetime. That's how we help Burlington pre-teens and teens prepare to succeed in the classroom and beyond.
Relevant and Personalized
When it comes to strengthening those all-important "higher order" thinking skills, different students have different needs. Anything from help with exam preparation, assignment planning and research techniques to developing advanced active listening skills for maximizing in-class learning could be required. That's why we take each student's unique needs into consideration, tailoring our sessions to focus on proven ways to study more effectively and boost grades.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
An Immediate and Long-Lasting Difference
Wondering what you can look forward to once you've registered your child for our study skills program in Burlington? You'll see that our tutors are experts at instilling study habits that will serve your child well in the classroom and beyond. That includes tips for making completing assignments and studying for tests that much easier. We also help students nurture positive habits, recognizing every skill mastered and every milestone reached.
Our study skills program has it all:
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits to better manage time and responsibilities.
- Active reading strategies, including reading comprehension strategies, as well as active listening strategies and presentation skills.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to tackle different types of questions and manage anxiety.
- Writing and research tips such as learning how to evaluate sources and write a bibliography.
- How to locate, evaluate and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the university admissions process and prepare for job interviews. Convenient scheduling options to make it easier for you to manage your family's time!