As your child gets older, school workloads will grow and assignment difficulty will increase — but it’s possible for your child to confidently take on new challenges. With Sylvan's study skills programs in Brantford, you can help your child manage his or her time better, prepare for tests more effectively and lay the groundwork for conquering the challenges that lie ahead. It's a great way to gain the skills needed to balance even the longest "to do" list.
Tailored to be More Personal
Not all adolescents have the same needs when it comes to developing those all-important "higher order" thinking skills. In fact, a combination of techniques are needed to ensure the best possible academic performance, including advanced research skills, assignment planning and the ability to use active listening in class. At Sylvan, we assess each student's needs to ensure our sessions are not only relevant but personalized, focusing on the most effective ways to study better, boost grades and gain confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
See the Difference We Can Make
So what can you expect when you register your son or daughter for our study skills program in Brantford? Our experienced tutors will be there to help your child develop study skills that will last a lifetime. That includes tips for managing exam preparation and project planning more effectively. We also help students foster their newly acquired habits and attitudes, recognizing each milestone reached and every skill mastered.
Our study skills program includes:
- Tips for developing better planning habits that will improve time management and organization.
- Stronger reading comprehension, active listening and presentation skills.
- Writing and research methods that will improve ability to find accurate sources and write a bibliography.
- Note taking habits that will improve comprehension and make studying more efficient.
- Advice for test preparation and reducing anxiety on test day.
- Strategies for locating, evaluating and sharing digital information responsibly.
- Tips for navigating the university admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Flexible schedule options that allow you to manage your family’s time effectively.