Workloads grow and assignments get tougher as your child progresses through school, but there is a way to successfully take on these challenges. With Sylvan's study skills programs in Brantford, you can help your child manage his or her time better, prepare for exams more effectively and lay the groundwork for a successful university application. It’s the perfect way to build an understanding of how to manage even the longest “to do” list. In fact, our study skills program doesn't only focus on academic techniques: it builds great all-round organizational habits that last a lifetime. Our study skills experts are dedicated to preparing your child for success in school and beyond.
A Tailored Approach with a Personal Touch
No two adolescents have identical learning styles — and that includes how they develop those essential “higher order” thinking skills. In fact, maximizing academic performance could take a variety of different techniques, such as active listening, assignment planning and exam preparation. At Sylvan, we start by evaluating each student’s needs so we’re able to tailor our approach and fill each session with relevant ways to improve grades through better study habits.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors That Teach the Right Habits
So what happens once your son or daughter is registered for our study skills program in Brantford? Our tutoring experts will focus on teaching useful, life-long study skills that can be applied towards greater achievements in class and beyond. That includes handy tips that make all kinds of exams, assignments and tests much more manageable. We also work on encouraging a positive attitude and acknowledging students for every goal and milestone reached.
Our study skills program has it all:
- Strategic and academic planning: How to set goals and track projects in the short-term and long-term.
- Time management: How to use your time more effectively and manage workloads.
- Better organization: How to create a better personal study space and organize schoolwork.
- Planning and performance management: How to make use of an academic planner and track grades.
- Expectation management: How to identify teacher expectations, understand priorities and start using active listening techniques in class.
- Higher education and career preparation: How to successfully navigate the university admissions process, write a compelling cover letter and prepare for a job interview.