Want to encourage your child to start developing strong study habits as soon as possible? Our Study Skills programs in Brantford, Ontario have the power to ensure your son or daughter learns how to tackle increasing workloads from elementary school to university and beyond with ease. If you’ve noticed your child is falling behind or he or she could use some guidance to get ahead, our tutors are available to provide study tips that will ensure progress.
Extra Support for Studying Smart
Developing strong study habits is essential for kids and teens who are facing increasing workloads at school. By combining independent activities with personal instruction — and lots of chances to practice new skills — we ensure that good study habits quickly become second nature.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
When every child has specific needs, instilling positive attitudes and study habits can’t be a matter of one size fits all. That’s where our Personalized Tutoring program comes in.
- Active reading: Nurturing strong comprehension skills will be helpful across all subjects.
- Time management: Efficient study skills rely on the ability organize and prioritize work.
- Note taking strategies: Utilizing tools such as flash cards and color coding can make studying more efficient.
- Research: How to evaluate sources, find relevant information and write a bibliography.
- Understanding the writing process: Through practice, your child will become a more engaging writer.
- Online safety: Finding, evaluating and sharing digital information in a responsible way.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Teaching your teen digital literacy, smart study habits, goal setting, time management and research and writing skills that he or she will put to good use well into adulthood is what our expert tutors are trained for. Our tutors know how to inspire your ambitious teen to study smart and work hard to reach — and surpass — his or her potential. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Focus on the most relevant areas: You choose the skill areas — such as time management or presentation skills — so we can focus on them and make the biggest difference.
- Apply new skills in the real world: We give students lots of opportunities to apply their new knowledge and techniques to actual schoolwork. This encourages the development of lifelong habits.
- Be more confident when tackling new challenges: We foster positive behaviors so your teen can feel good about overcoming big academic challenges.
- Develop future-ready skills: We help teens achieve more in the here and now, but also prepare them to succeed long-term. That can include public speaking, goal setting and even job interview preparation.