The older your child gets, the more difficult and demanding school assignments are going to become — but that just means he or she will have to develop the skills to conquer every new challenge that comes along. Register your child for Sylvan’s study skills programs in Barrie, and he or she will learn better time management and exam prep strategies and start laying the groundwork for future university applications. It’s the perfect way to build an understanding of how to manage even the longest “to do” list. After all, our study skills program isn't only focused on academics: it emphasizes all-round organizational tools and techniques as well. After all, success at school demands strong organizational habits as well as effective academic skills.
A Tailored, Personal Approach
Not all students learn those essential “higher order” thinking skills the same way. In fact, maximizing academic performance could take a variety of different techniques, such as active listening, assignment planning and exam preparation. At Sylvan, we start by evaluating each student’s needs so we’re able to tailor our approach and fill each session with relevant ways to improve grades through better study habits.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Getting into the Right Habits
So what can you expect when you register your son or daughter for our study skills program in Barrie? Our tutoring experts will focus on teaching useful, life-long study skills that can be applied towards greater achievements in class and beyond. That includes tips for making completing assignments and studying for tests that much easier. We also focus on fostering a positive attitude towards education by making sure to acknowledge every student’s accomplishments on a regular basis.
Our program at a glance:
- Active reading and listening strategies, as well as presentation techniques.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to manage anxiety and take on various types of questions.
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Writing and research tips, including how to assess the suitability of sources and create a bibliography.
- How to use and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the university admissions process.
Start Now and Save