As your child progresses through school, the workloads get bigger and the assignments get tougher — but there is a way to take on these challenges with confidence and ease. Sylvan’s study skills programs in Barrie make teaching solid time management and exam prep methods a top priority so your child is better prepared for upcoming university applications. It's a great way to make sure that growing "to do" list doesn't have any negative effects. Our study skills program not only helps improve academic performance — it also builds valuable organizational skills that extend into the real world. After all, success at school demands strong organizational habits as well as effective academic skills.
Tailored to be More Personal
Not all adolescents have the same needs when it comes to developing those all-important "higher order" thinking skills. Developing strategies for more effective exam preparation, assignment planning and active listening in the classroom are all essential to long-term success. That's why we personalize our sessions to make sure each student has the support and guidance to study more effectively, boost grades and gain more confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
See the Difference We Can Make
So what happens next once you've registered your son or daughter for our study skills program in Barrie? Our tutoring experts will teach practical skills for studying and organizing that can be used in and beyond the classroom. That includes sharing study tips that will make assignments, projects and tests much more manageable. We also focus on fostering a positive attitude towards education by making sure to acknowledge every student’s accomplishments on a regular basis.
What your child will take away from our study skills program:
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits to better manage time and responsibilities.
- Active reading strategies, including reading comprehension strategies, as well as active listening strategies and presentation skills.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to tackle different types of questions and manage anxiety.
- Writing and research tips such as learning how to evaluate sources and write a bibliography.
- How to locate, evaluate and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the university admissions process and prepare for job interviews. Convenient scheduling options to make it easier for you to manage your family's time!