As your child progresses through his or her school career, you can expect the workloads to get bigger and the assignments to get tougher — but there is a way to successfully prepare for these challenges. With our study skills program in Barrie, you can help your son or daughter develop better time management skills, learn more effective exam preparation methods and even lay the groundwork for a compelling university application. It's a great way to make sure that growing "to do" list doesn't have any negative effects. Our study skills program not only helps improve academic performance — it also builds valuable organizational skills that extend into the real world. That’s how our experts prepare students in Barrie for success an all facets of their lives.
Relevant and Personalized
Every student learns those all important “higher order” thinking skills differently. Anything from help with exam preparation, assignment planning and research techniques to developing advanced active listening skills for maximizing in-class learning could be required. At Sylvan, adapting to each student’s unique needs is a priority so we’re able to provide relevant and personalized sessions that focus on practical study tips for boosting grades and building confidence.▼
We're Here to Make a Difference
So what happens next once you've registered your son or daughter for our study skills program in Barrie? Our tutors will be there to encourage positive study and concentration skills that will last a lifetime. That includes study tips that reveal how to make assignments and exams less intimidating and more manageable. Our number one focus is nurturing a positive attitude and sustainable habits, making sure to take the time to recognize every student’s progress.
What does our study skills program cover?
- Active reading and listening strategies, as well as presentation techniques.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to manage anxiety and take on various types of questions.
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Writing and research tips, including how to assess the suitability of sources and create a bibliography.
- How to use and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the university admissions process.