Help ensure your son or daughter is prepared for the growing workloads of school and the upcoming challenges of university with Sylvan’s study skills program in Ontario. Through our program, kids in grades 4-12 develop useful life management, problem solving and critical thinking skills to help them better organize their busy schedules and stay on top of schoolwork assignments. As your child learns tools and techniques that can be used in and beyond school, you'll see his or her confidence grow! Contact your local Sylvan in Ontario now to find out how we can equip your child for success.
A Successful Future Starts Now
As homework, extracurricular activities and social engagements start to pile up, it's easy to see how busy it is to be a modern student. With university applications to consider as well, it can be a real challenge to stay on top of things. This is where our study skills program — and our tutoring experts — can have a positive effect, helping students take on any project more effectively with practical strategies for planning, managing and prioritizing their schedules and workloads.▼
Skills for Greater Success in School, from Grade 4 to High School Graduation and Beyond
Success begins with a strong foundation. So our study skills program in Ontario is all about the kind of transferable skills and strategies that can be applied immediately in the classroom — as well as in university and professional settings later on. At Sylvan, we see the bigger picture, which is why we’re dedicated to instilling life-long knowledge that can help your son or daughter thrive personally and academically, both inside and outside the classroom. We’re here to enhance your child’s skillset so he or she can meet any challenge with confidence.
Here's What Your Child Will Learn:
- How to better manage time and workloads.
- Strategies to set achievable short-term and long-term goals.
- Techniques to plan and track projects.
- Organizational methods for setting up an effective personal study area and tackling homework.
- How to track grades and design an academic calendar.
- Communications skills, including active listening.
- How to apply to university and prepare for job interviews, including resume and cover letter writing tips.