Make sure your son or daughter is ready for growing school workloads and the future challenges of university with Sylvan’s study skills program in Ontario. Through our program, kids in grades 4-12 develop useful life management, problem solving and critical thinking skills to help them better organize their busy schedules and stay on top of schoolwork assignments. You'll see a noticeable confidence boost as your child gets to grips with life-long tools and techniques that can be used at school at beyond! We're ready to equip your child for success: simply contact your local Sylvan in Ontario to get started or to find out more.
A Successful Future Starts Now
Between homework, advanced classes, extracurricular activities and part-time jobs (not to mention socializing!), most modern students have a lot on their plate. And once university applications start, it can be even more difficult to stay on top of things. That's why our study skills program is tailored to have a lasting positive effect, helping students gain important strategies to plan, manage and prioritize their schedules and workloads more effectively than ever before.▼
From Grade 4 to High School Graduation and Beyond
Strong foundations are vital for long-term success. So our study skills program in Ontario is all about the kind of transferable skills and strategies that can be applied immediately in the classroom — as well as in university and professional settings later on. Sylvan always has the bigger picture in mind, so we instill life-long knowledge your son or daughter can use to thrive personally and academically. Together we can build your child’s skillset (and confidence!) so he or she can take on any challenge.
Here's What Your Teen Will Learn:
- How to manage workloads and schedules better.
- Strategies for short-term and long-term goal setting.
- Techniques for project planning, tracking and management.
- Organizational methods for effective personal study areas and efficient approaches to homework.
- How to set personal expectations, track grades and make effective use of an academic calendar.
- Active listening skills.
- How to successfully apply for university and write a compelling admission essay.
- Job interview preparation techniques, including how to create a resume that works.