With Sylvan’s study skills program in Ontario, you can help your son or daughter prepare for increasing school workloads and the future challenges that come with university life. Through our study skills program, kids and teens in grades 4-12 will learn important problem solving, critical thinking and life management skills that will help them organize and manage packed schedules and increasing schoolwork more effectively. There's no doubt about it: your child's confidence will soar as he or she learns lifelong tools and techniques that can be applied in the classroom and beyond! We're ready to equip your child for success: simply contact your local Sylvan in Ontario to get started or to find out more.
Start Now, Succeed Tomorrow
With homework piling up, advanced classes to take, extracurricular activities to attend, part-time jobs to get to on time and a social life to uphold, there’s no question that most students have a lot on their plate. And with university applications to eventually consider, it can be difficult to stay on top of things. This is where our study skills program can make a big impact: our tutoring experts will equip students with valuable strategies for planning, managing and prioritizing schedules and workloads, so they can take on any project more effectively.▼
The Tools to Succeed from Grade 4 to High School Graduation and Beyond
A solid foundation is crucial for success. That’s why we've tailored our study skills program in Ontario to equip teens with skills and strategies that are not only applicable at school right away, but can also be used at university and, eventually, in a career setting. We always take the bigger picture into consideration, so our goal is to instill lifelong knowledge for personal and academic success. Learn how we can help your child push his or her skillset (and confidence!) to the next level.
Here's What Your Child Will Learn:
- How to manage time and workloads more efficiently.
- Strategies for setting short-term and long-term goals.
- Techniques for planning and tracking long term projects.
- Organizational methods for setting up an effective personal study area and tackling homework.
- Planning and performance management skills, including how to use an academic calendar, track grades and set personal expectations.
- Tactics for expectation management, including developing skills in active listening and identifying teacher expectations.
- How to navigate university admissions requirements, including the all-important university admission essay.
- Job interview preparation tips and tricks, including learning how to write an impactful resume and cover letter, and how to ace a job interview.
Ready to Get Started?