With increasing school workloads and university challenges on the horizon, now is the time to help your son or daughter prepare with Sylvan’s study skills program in Ontario. Our program focuses on problem solving, critical thinking and life management skills that kids in grades 4-12 can use to organize their schoolwork and manage their busy schedules more effectively. As your child learns tools and techniques that can be used in and beyond school, you'll see his or her confidence grow! Help your child get equipped for success: get in touch with your local Sylvan in Ontario today to get started.
Laying the Groundwork for Future Success
As homework, extracurricular activities and social engagements start to pile up, it's easy to see how busy it is to be a modern student. With university applications to consider as well, it can be a real challenge to stay on top of things. This is where our study skills program — and our tutoring experts — can have a positive effect, helping students take on any project more effectively with practical strategies for planning, managing and prioritizing their schedules and workloads.
Achieve More from Grade 4 to High School Graduation and Beyond
Success starts with a solid foundation. That’s why our study skills program in Ontario emphasizes skills and strategies that students can use at school right away — and, eventually, continue using them to succeed at university and in professional settings. In other words, we always consider the bigger picture, and our goal is to impart lifelong knowledge that can go a long way to ensuring your son or daughter's personal and academic success. Help your child take on any challenge with confidence: find out how we can enhance his or her skillset.
Your Child Will Learn:
- How to manage time and workloads more effectively.
- Proven strategies for short-term and long-term target setting.
- Techniques for planning and managing large projects.
- Organizational methods for efficient homework routines and how to set up a personal study area.
- Performance management and planning skills, from tracking grades to using an academic calendar.
- How to communicate more effectively, including tactics like active listening.
- How to put together a winning university application.
- Job interview preparation tactics, including expert tips for writing a compelling cover letter.