Get ready for big-time fun with Sylvan’s Robotics for Kids courses in Thornhill. Your child will not only have a great time building and animating an original LEGO® robot each week — he or she will also develop important science and engineering skills along the way. These interactive programs make it easy to keep your child motivated, inspired and engaged outside of the classroom environment. On top of that, our programs help equip your up-and-coming programmer or engineer with 21st century skills that can give him or her a real advantage in the future.
Enrich Your Child’s Skill Set
As careers in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) continue to grow, it’s becoming increasingly important to equip students with vital 21st century skills. Fortunately, our Robotics for Kids courses in Thornhill are designed to challenge and inspire kids in elementary and middle school to master critical modern-day skills like computer programming and problem solving without skimping on fun. Working with a friend, your child will use interactive technology to design and program an assortment of robots, acquiring key STEM competencies and boosting confidence along the way.▼
Our Programs are Fun for Parents Too!
Kids of all ages love diving into our Robotics for Kids programs: no previous experience or knowledge necessary! Parents appreciate our courses too because we keep them updated every step of the way. . That includes weekly communications that explain student progress, summarize relevant STEM concepts and look ahead to the next project. Your child will also have a wrap-up activity at the end of every session to make sure the learning sticks — giving him or her the confidence to explain all their amazing achievements!
Our Robotics Courses Feature:
- One-to-one attention in small groups of no more than 12 students per class
- Exciting, practical tasks that make education an unforgettable experience
- The friendship of collaborating with a buddy to create a different LEGO® robot every week
- Child-friendly software that’s not only easy to learn — it's fun to use, too!
- STEM-focused learning that emphasizes increasingly valuable skills and competencies
- Regular updates, so parents are fully informed throughout the course