There’s nothing more fun and exciting than Sylvan’s Robotics for Kids courses in Thornhill! Your son or daughter will gain valuable science and engineering skills while learning how to build and animate a new LEGO® robot every week — it’s an amazing time! These innovative programs are a great way to keep your child inspired, motivated and engaged outside of the classroom. They’re also a fantastic way to equip your budding programmer or engineer with critical 21st century skills that can give him or her a real edge for the future.
Advance Your Child’s Skill Set
It's important for kids to develop 21st century skill sets as career opportunities in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) continue to grow. Fortunately, our Robotics for Kids courses in Thornhill are designed to challenge and inspire kids in elementary and middle school to master critical modern-day skills like computer programming and problem solving without skimping on fun. Working with a partner and using kid-friendly software, your child will learn how to build and program a number of robots, developing practical STEM skills and boosting confidence along the way.▼
Take Part in the Experience!
Kids of all ages have a blast with our Robotics for Kids programs, and no previous experience or expertise is necessary! Parents also relish our programs because we keep them in the know at all stages. That includes sending you weekly communications to share student progress, recap STEM concepts learned and preview next week’s project. Your child will also receive reinforcement tools at the end of each class, allowing him or her to boost the skills developed in class — and to share with you all the fun new things he or she learned!
Our Robotics Programs Offer:
- Small groups and personalized attention (only 12 students or fewer per class)
- Interactive and collaborative activities that make learning fun!
- The friendships that flourish as students partner up to build and animate LEGO® robots together
- Kid-friendly software that’s fun to play around with
- A unique STEM curriculum that focuses on equipping students with a practical, relevant skill set
- Weekly communication, so parents stay informed throughout the course