There’s nothing more fun and exciting than Sylvan’s Robotics for Kids courses in Simcoe! Your child will love learning how to build and animate a new LEGO® robot each session while developing valuable science and engineering competencies along the way — it’s a complete blast! These programs provide the ideal way to help your child stay interested, engaged and motivated outside of school. Our programs also give your child a real edge for the future by equipping him or her with vital 21st century competencies.
Essential Skills for Future Success
Career opportunities in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) are growing, so it's smart to ensure your child gains a 21st century skill set at an early age. Fortunately, our Robotics for Kids courses in Simcoe are designed to challenge and inspire kids in elementary and middle school to master critical modern-day skills like computer programming and problem solving without skimping on fun. Working with a buddy, your child will use kid-friendly technology to build and program a variety of cool robots, learning practical STEM concepts and building major confidence in the process.▼
Our Programs are Fun for Parents Too!
Kids of all backgrounds have an amazing time in our Robotics for Kids courses: no experience necessary! Parents are also big fans of our courses because we keep them up-to-date throughout. That includes sending you weekly communications to share student progress, recap STEM concepts learned and preview next week’s project. Your son or daughter will also complete a wrap-up activity at the end of each class to reinforce the concepts learned in class — and to share his or her exciting achievements with you!
Features of our Robotics Courses include:
- Small groups and personalized attention (only 12 students or fewer per class)
- Interactive and collaborative activities that make learning fun!
- The friendships that flourish as students partner up to build and animate LEGO® robots together
- Kid-friendly software that’s fun to play around with
- A unique STEM curriculum that focuses on equipping students with a practical, relevant skill set
- Weekly communication, so parents stay informed throughout the course