Exciting after-school learning experiences await with Sylvan’s Robotics for Kids programs in Simcoe. Your child will not only have a great time building and animating an original LEGO® robot each week — he or she will also develop important science and engineering skills along the way. These programs are tailored to ensure kids stay motivated, interested and challenged beyond the classroom. They're also a great way to empower young programmers or engineers to get on the right path to success by developing critical 21st century skills.
Help Your Child Enhance His or Her Skills
Having a 21st century skill set is an essential asset for kids of all ages as career paths in STEM areas (science, technology, engineering and math) continue to expand. That’s where our Robotics for Kids programs in Simcoe come in: our hands-on courses are specifically designed to motivate and inspire students to hone contemporary skills like problem solving and computer programming without the need for repetitive drills. Working with a friend, your child will learn practical STEM concepts — and build confidence — by using kid-friendly technology to develop a variety of cool robots.▼
Our Programs are Fun for Parents Too!
Our Robotics for Kids programs are a blast for kids of all ages and abilities: no previous experience is needed! Parents appreciate our courses too because we keep them updated every step of the way. That includes sending you weekly communications to share student progress, recap STEM concepts learned and preview next week’s project. Your child will also have a wrap-up activity at the end of every session to make sure the learning sticks — giving him or her the confidence to explain all their amazing achievements!
Our Robotics Courses Feature:
- Personal attention and small class sizes, with no more than 12 students per session
- Cool, hands-on projects that make learning a fun and exciting experience
- The camaraderie of collaborating with a partner to construct and animate a variety of LEGO® robots
- Easy-to-learn software that’s fun to play around with
- STEM-focused education that focuses on helping students develop important 21st century skills
- Regular communication, so parents can stay in the know about each week’s topics and what students learned