Get ready for big-time fun with Sylvan’s Robotics for Kids courses in Pickering. Your child will have a blast as he or she builds LEGO® robots and masters key concepts in science and engineering! Our cutting edge-courses are perfect for keeping your child inspired, engaged and having fun outside of school. On top of that, our programs help equip your up-and-coming programmer or engineer with 21st century skills that can give him or her a real advantage in the future.
Give Your Child’s Skill Set a Boost
There are more and more career opportunities in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math), which means a 21st century skill set is an essential asset. That's the reason we provide Robotics for Kids courses in Pickering that challenge kids in elementary and middle school to fulfil their potential by mastering modern skills like computer programming, logic and problem solving. Working collaboratively with a partner, your child will use cool, intuitive software to develop and animate a number of different robots, learning real-world STEM concepts and taking confidence to new heights.▼
Parents are Involved Too!
Kids of all ages need no previous knowledge or experience of programming to enjoy our innovative programs! Parents are also big fans of our courses because we keep them up-to-date throughout. After each session, we will provide you with a student progress report, a summary of the STEM concepts taught and an overview of next week’s project. There are also wrap-up tasks and reinforcement tools for each session, helping kids consolidate the skills learned in class — and share amazing accomplishments with friends and family!
Our Robotics Courses Feature:
- Small group settings of no more than 12 students per class, allowing for personal attention
- Practical activities that make education more engaging and rewarding
- The camaraderie of creating LEGO® robots with a buddy
- Kid-focused software that's easy, intuitive and a whole lot of fun!
- STEM-based learning that equips students with desirable skill sets
- Regular communication with parents to keep you up-to-speed from beginning to end