After-school education is now more exciting than ever with Sylvan’s Robotics for Kids courses in Pickering! Your child will love learning how to build and animate a new LEGO® robot each session while developing valuable science and engineering competencies along the way — it’s a complete blast! These interactive programs make it easy to keep your child motivated, inspired and engaged outside of the classroom environment. They're also a great way to empower young programmers or engineers to get on the right path to success by developing critical 21st century skills.
Advance Your Child’s Skill Set
With STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) careers growing so quickly, there’s no better time to equip your son or daughter with increasingly vital 21st century skills. Fortunately, we've designed our fun-filled Robotics for Kids courses in Pickering to empower kids in elementary and middle school to learn computer programming, logic, problem solving and other modern skills. Collaborating with a teammate, your child will build cool robots using even cooler kid-friendly technology, learning STEM concepts along the way.▼
Courses Both Kids and Parents Will Appreciate
Learners of all types have an awesome time in our Robotics for Kids programs: no prior know-how required! Parents also enjoy our programs because we ensure they’re informed each step of the way. That includes weekly communications that update you on your child's progress, explore the STEM concepts covered that week and preview upcoming projects. We also provide reinforcement tools and wrap-up activities at the end of each class, helping kids consolidate their learning and share their impressive achievements with friends and family!
The Benefits of our Robotics Programs Include:
- Small groups and personalized attention (only 12 students or fewer per class)
- Interactive and collaborative activities that make learning fun!
- The friendships that flourish as students partner up to build and animate LEGO® robots together
- Kid-friendly software that’s fun to play around with
- A unique STEM curriculum that focuses on equipping students with a practical, relevant skill set
- Weekly communication, so parents stay informed throughout the course