Sylvan’s Robotics for Kids programs in Ottawa take after-school learning to a new and exciting level! Your child will get to grips with critical science and engineering concepts by designing, building and animating a new LEGO® robot every week — it doesn't get much cooler than that! These programs provide the ideal way to help your child stay interested, engaged and motivated outside of school. In addition, they empower budding programmers or engineers to get a head start on critical 21st century skills that are becoming increasingly important for career success.
Power Up Your Child’s Skill Set
It’s no secret that careers in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) are on the rise, which makes it all the more crucial to ensure your son or daughter is equipped with important 21st century competencies. That's the reason we provide Robotics for Kids courses in Ottawa that challenge kids in elementary and middle school to fulfil their potential by mastering modern skills like computer programming, logic and problem solving. Teaming up with a friend, your child will get to grips with user-friendly technology to create a diverse range of robots — a challenge that will help him or her master practical STEM concepts, have fun and gain major confidence in the process.▼
Our Programs are Fun for Parents Too!
Children of all ages have a blast at our Robotics for Kids programs: no prior knowledge or experience needed! Parents love our courses too, especially because we provide them with regular updates and insights. That includes weekly communications that update you on your child's progress, explore the STEM concepts covered that week and preview upcoming projects. Your child will also get reinforcement tools for each session in order to strengthen the skills he or she learned in class — and to share his or her amazing accomplishments with you!
The Benefits of our Robotics Programs Include:
- A small group setting with no more than 12 students per class, so you can expect your child to receive personal attention
- Exciting, interactive projects that turn learning into a memorable experience
- The camaraderie of partnering with a buddy to develop and animate a new LEGO® robot every week
- Easy-to-use software that’s a blast to tinker with
- STEM curriculum that is devised to equip students with a 21st century skill set
- Ongoing communication, so parents are kept in the loop throughout the duration of the program