Exciting after-school learning experiences await with Sylvan’s Robotics for Kids programs in Mississauga. Your child will get hands-on experience building and animating a new LEGO® robot each week while learning important science and engineering concepts along the way — it’s a total blast! These innovative programs are a great way to keep your child inspired, motivated and engaged outside of the classroom. In addition, they empower budding programmers or engineers to get a head start on critical 21st century skills that are becoming increasingly important for career success.
Help Your Child Enhance His or Her Skills
It's important for kids to develop 21st century skill sets as career opportunities in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) continue to grow. For that reason, our Robotics for Kids courses in Mississauga are designed to not only inspire and engage kids in elementary and middle school, but also provide them with the tools to master modern-day skills like computer programming and problem solving. Working collaboratively with a partner, your child will use cool, intuitive software to develop and animate a number of different robots, learning real-world STEM concepts and taking confidence to new heights.▼
Parents are Involved Too!
Kids of every age have a great time immersing themselves in our Robotics for Kids courses — no previous experience required! Parents value our programs as well because we always keep them in the loop. Each week, we will keep you up-to-speed by sending out a communication that shares student progress, summarizes the STEM concepts studied and provides a glimpse of next week’s project. Your son or daughter will also complete a wrap-up activity at the end of each class to reinforce the concepts learned in class — and to share his or her exciting achievements with you!
Here’s What Sets our Robotics Programs Apart:
- Personal attention in a small group environment (maximum of 12 students per class)
- Cool, hands-on projects that turn education into a truly fun experience!
- The friendships that grow while working with a partner to build and animate a variety of LEGO® robots
- Award-winning software that’s simple to learn and fun to experiment with!
- STEM-focused education that aims to equip your child with an in-demand skill set
- Consistent communication, so parents are kept up-to-date on the course content and what to expect next