After-school education is now more exciting than ever with Sylvan’s Robotics for Kids courses in Etobicoke! Your child will get hands-on experience building and animating a new LEGO® robot each week while learning important science and engineering concepts along the way — it’s a total blast! These courses are a terrific way help ensure your child is inspired, motivated and a having ton of fun after the school bell rings. They also offer the advantage of equipping your aspiring engineer or programmer with key 21st century abilities that can help enrich his or her prospects for the future.
Advance Your Child’s Skill Set
It's important for kids to develop 21st century skill sets as career opportunities in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) continue to grow. That’s where our Robotics for Kids programs in Etobicoke come in: our hands-on courses are specifically designed to motivate and inspire students to hone contemporary skills like problem solving and computer programming without the need for repetitive drills. Working with a partner and using kid-friendly software, your child will learn how to build and program a number of robots, developing practical STEM skills and boosting confidence along the way.▼
Courses Both Kids and Parents Will Appreciate
Learners of all types have an awesome time in our Robotics for Kids programs: no prior know-how required! Parents are involved too, receiving detailed updates every step of the way. After each session, we will provide you with a student progress report, a summary of the STEM concepts taught and an overview of next week’s project. Your child will also benefit from using reinforcement tools after each class, allowing him or her to hone the skills he or she built upon in class — and to show off all of his or her incredible successes with you!
The Benefits of our Robotics Programs Include:
- Personal attention in a small group setting (no more than 12 students per class)
- Fun, hands-on activities that transform education into an unforgettable experience
- The camaraderie of working with a partner to build and animate a new LEGO® robot each week
- Kid-friendly software that’s easy to learn and fun to use!
- STEM-focused learning that’s designed to equip students with a valuable skill set
- Regular communication, so parents are kept up-to-speed throughout the course