When you get the right reading tutor in Port Perry in your corner, you can expect your child’s reading skills to improve, leading to better grades and bigger smiles. Whether you're worried your young reader is falling behind, needs focused extra practice to stay on track or support to really get ahead, we know how to bring out the joy of reading and help children fulfill their potential.
Tailored Learning for Great Results
At Sylvan, you'll find several different approaches to reading tutoring that focus on children's unique needs at different stages in their educational journey. Once we pinpoint your child’s current level, we can identify the most appropriate path to take to ensure he or she is getting great results.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
If your child has reading scores below his or her grade level, this program provides the hands-on support he or she needs. The many benefits of Personalized Tutoring from Sylvan include:
- More success in class and at homework time. Your child will progress, guaranteed!
- Focused guidance and support. The outcome of our detailed reading assessment helps us determine what your child needs to advance his or her reading fluency, comprehension and competence.
- Greater confidence and bigger smiles! Our certified reading tutors are experts at making reading challenging and fun (and never frustrating!).
- Affordable prices. We offer competitive hourly rates that are comparable to other tutoring companies and private tutors, so you can get the quality reading help your child deserves.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
If your child is doing okay with reading-related schoolwork but could do with some extra support to realize his or her potential, this could be the right program for you. Here is what you’ll get with Academic Coaching:
- Proactive tutoring to sharpen reading comprehension, focus on homework and move ahead in class.
- Hands-on sessions that include skill practice, test prep and homework help, all tailored to meet your child's needs.
- School-aligned curriculum to maximize results in the classroom.
- Affordable monthly packages that satisfy your budget as well as your family's learning needs.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (K-12)
If your child is on the fast track or needs guidance to handle a bigger workload, you can help your teen adapt to accelerated coursework and prepare for university-level classes with our Advanced Reading Skills course. Here’s what this program offers:
- Bigger confidence (and less frustration) in managing heavy course loads.
- Improved efficiency when it comes to completing advanced reading assignments.
- Sharpened time management skills for finishing homework and studying for tests with a large reading component, like the SAT and ACT.
- Better scores on everything from homework and tests to university entrance exams.
- Effective preparation for university workloads and expectations.
- Competitive hourly rates.
Get Started Today and Save!
There's still plenty of time to prepare for success in the new school year. With a detailed Academic Checkup, we can see how your child is performing in relation to national norms — and use the results to pinpoint specific areas for improvement. Don’t miss out: start today for only $95*!