When you get the right reading tutor in Guelph in your corner, you can expect your child’s reading skills to improve, leading to better grades and bigger smiles. No matter if your son or daughter is falling behind, needs extra practice or wants to get ahead, our certified tutors know how to provide the focused guidance and support he or she needs to thrive.
Tailored Learning for Great Results
At Sylvan, we make sure to approach reading tutoring in a way that matches your child’s unique needs. After pinpointing your child’s current level, we’ll recommend the right path to ensure he or she can get results quickly.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
This program focuses on helping kids who need extra guidance and support when it comes to getting skills up to grade level. With Personalized Tutoring from Sylvan, you can expect:
- Personalized support throughout. We start with a personalized learning plan, and we continually update that plan to make sure reading is a fun challenge for your child rather than a source of stress and frustration.
- Targeted learning. Using a detailed reading assessment, we have the insight to know what your child needs to improve reading comprehension and fluency.
- Budget-friendly rates. Our hourly rates are similar to those offered by private tutors and other tutoring companies, helping to keep the best reading help within your family's budget.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
If your child could use a helping hand to keep up his or her scores on reading-related homework and tests at school, this could be the right program for your family. Here is what you’ll get with Academic Coaching:
- Proactive tutoring designed to strengthen critical reading comprehension skills.
- Varied learning sessions that include homework help, test prep and skill practice, with each topic tailored to your child's needs.
- A curriculum that aligns with local schools in order to ensure the most effect results in class.
- Affordable monthly packages so you can arrange the best reading tutoring and keep your budget on track.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (K-12)
If your child is on the fast track or wants to do a better job with advanced course loads, your teen can excel at accelerated coursework and lay the groundwork for successful university-level classes with Sylvan’s Advanced Reading Skills course. This program offers:
- Improved confidence (and less stress!) when planning much larger academic workloads.
- Efficient techniques for completing complex reading assignments.
- Time management methods for homework and tests with reading components, such as the SAT and ACT.
- Higher scores on university entrance exams and preparation for challenging university workloads and rising expectations.
- Affordable hourly rates.
Sign Up Now to Enjoy Our Special Offer!
There's still plenty of time to prepare for success in the new school year. When you book an Academic Checkup at your local Sylvan, we will compare your child's academic skills to nationwide norms — and use our findings to pinpoint areas for improvement. Start today for just $95* and save!