Trying to balance everything from schoolwork, essays and projects to university prep, extracurricular events and social activities is no easy task! Help ensure your teen or pre-teen is prepared to handle his or her increasingly hectic schedule with Sylvan’s study skills program in the Windsor region. Specially developed for students in grades 4-12, our study skills program focuses on equipping students with important critical thinking skills and valuable time management, organization and strategic planning abilities. These skills will not only help set your child on the path to success in high school and university, but they can also carry forward into his or her personal and professional life. Find out how our tutoring experts in the Windsor region can help your son or daughter achieve goals and conquer any workload.
A Comprehensive Education
While you might be used to assisting your son or daughter with a math puzzle or an art project, teaching him or her valuable study skills and strategies may be new to you. Using a number of different study strategies and techniques, our tutoring specialists in the Windsor region concentrate on important skills that can be applied in the classroom and beyond: time management, organization, strategic planning, academic planning and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Building Skills, Boosting Confidence
Getting a good grade on a project or exam is one thing, but there’s much more to success than numbers alone. This is why our study skills tutors in the Windsor region take the bigger picture into account. We've designed our program to ensure your son or daughter is fully prepared for the growing workloads and expectations ahead. That includes teaching proven goal-setting strategies and study tips that can be used time and again. In addition to these life-long skills, we also continually reinforce positive attitudes, building your teen's confidence at a crucial point in his or her journey to adulthood.
With our study skills program, your child will learn strategies including:
- Time management for effectively managing time and schoolwork.
- Strategic planning for setting short-term and long term-goals.
- Academic planning for mapping out and tracking long-term projects.
- Better organization for tackling coursework, optimizing a personal study area, setting personal expectations and utilizing an academic planner.
- How to use active listening.
- How to identify teacher expectations and priorities.
- Getting to understand university admissions requirements, including the university admission essay.
- Job interviewing techniques and how to write an impactful cover letter and resume.