Attempting to juggle everything from school projects and essays to extracurricular sports and activities — not to mention maintaining a social life — is not an easy task. Help ensure your teen or pre-teen is prepared to handle his or her increasingly hectic schedule with Sylvan’s study skills program in the Windsor region. Tailored to students in grades 4-12, our study skills program aims to equip your child with important "higher order" thinking skills and strategies like academic planning, time management and resume preparation. After all, equipping your child with effective study skills can translate into greater success in the classroom, in university and in future careers. Find out how our tutoring experts in the Windsor region can help your son or daughter achieve goals and conquer any workload.
Our Unique Approach
While you may have experience helping your child with a spelling question or math problem, teaching him or her effective study skills and strategies is not always as straightforward. Using a combination of study strategies, tactics and tips, our tutoring experts in the Windsor region pay special attention to concrete skills that can be used in the classroom and beyond: how to organize schoolwork, efficiently manage time, set short-term and long-term goals, and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Here's What You Can Expect
Getting a good grade on a project or exam is one thing, but there’s much more to success than numbers alone. This is the reason our study skills tutors in the Windsor region consider the bigger picture. Our program is devised to ensure your child is well prepared and properly equipped for the mounting workloads and expectations ahead. This involves teaching strategies for setting goals and equipping students with study tips that can be used over and over again.
Through our study skills program, your child will learn effective strategies including:
- Time management for effectively managing time and schoolwork.
- Strategic planning for setting short-term and long term-goals.
- Academic planning for mapping out and tracking long-term projects.
- Better organization for tackling coursework, optimizing a personal study area, setting personal expectations and utilizing an academic planner.
- How to use active listening.
- How to identify teacher expectations and priorities.
- Getting to understand university admissions requirements, including the university admission essay.
- Job interviewing techniques and how to write an impactful cover letter and resume.