Balancing homework, essays and projects with after school activities and part-time jobs — not to mention social events — can be quite the challenge. However, with Sylvan’s study skills program in the Windsor region, you can provide the guidance and preparation your teen or pre-teen needs to successfully prepare for this exciting yet turbulent time in his or her life. We have carefully designed our study skills program for students in grades 4-12, concentrating on “higher order” thinking skills including academic planning, strategic planning and expectation management Equipping your child with these skills can help make a big impact not only in school and university, but also in future careers. Contact us today to discover how our knowledgeable tutors in the Windsor region can help your child realize his or goals and take on increasing workloads with confidence.
Our Proven Approach
You might be used to helping your child with a math problem or English essay, but teaching effective study skills and habits is not so easy. Using a variety of study tips, tactics and strategies, our tutors in the Windsor region focus on practical skills that can be used in school and beyond: how to be more organized, how to plan projects, how to achieve goals, and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Building Skills, Boosting Confidence
Getting a passing grade on a test or exam is one thing, but academic achievement is much more than numbers alone. This is why our study skills tutors in the Windsor region take a look at the larger picture. Our program has been developed to focus on successfully preparing your son or daughter for the heavier workloads and expectations ahead. That includes teaching proven goal-setting strategies and study tips that can be used time and again. In addition to these life-long skills, we also continually reinforce positive attitudes, building your teen's confidence at a crucial point in his or her journey to adulthood.
With our study skills program, your child will learn strategies including:
- Time management to successfully manage schedules and schoolwork.
- Academic and strategic planning to set concrete short-term and long-term projects and goals.
- Organization to create an orderly study area and better tackle schoolwork.
- Performance management to set personal expectations and use an academic planner.
- Expectation management for successfully identifying teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Understanding and tackling university admissions requirements, including the university essay.
- Job interview preparation techniques, including crafting and effective resume and cover letter, and practicing interview questions.