Balancing homework, essays and projects with after school activities and part-time jobs — not to mention social events — can be quite the challenge. That’s where Sylvan’s study skills program in the Windsor region can make a huge difference: we can help your pre-teen or teen effectively prepare for this exciting yet demanding phase in his or her life. We have carefully designed our study skills program for students in grades 4-12, concentrating on “higher order” thinking skills including academic planning, strategic planning and expectation management After all, equipping your child with effective study skills can translate into greater success in the classroom, in university and in future careers. Discover for yourself how our friendly tutors in the Windsor region can help your child accomplish goals and realize his or her potential.
A Practical Approach for Tangible Results
While you might be used to assisting your son or daughter with a math puzzle or an art project, teaching him or her valuable study skills and strategies may be new to you. Using a number of different study strategies and techniques, our tutoring specialists in the Windsor region concentrate on important skills that can be applied in the classroom and beyond: time management, organization, strategic planning, academic planning and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Here's What You Can Expect
Passing a test or exam is one thing, but there’s more to success in school than grades alone. This is why our study skills tutors in the Windsor region take the bigger picture into account. Our program has been developed to focus on successfully preparing your son or daughter for the heavier workloads and expectations ahead. This involves teaching strategies for setting goals and equipping students with study tips that can be used over and over again.
Our study skills program features such strategies and tactics as:
- Efficient and effective time and workload management.
- Strategic and academic planning for successfully setting and achieving short-term and long-term goals and projects.
- Organizational abilities for organizing schoolwork, setting up a personal study area, setting personal expectations and making the most of an academic planner.
- How to identify teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Understanding university admissions requirements and how to tackle the university admission essay.
- Job interview preparation, including writing an effective resume and cover letter.