Building smart study habits can be key to a brighter future! Our Study Skills programs in the Toronto region are focused on equipping kids with important skills they can use in the classroom and in life. We can provide strategies and support for tackling increasing workloads and easing transitions from elementary school to high school or university. No matter if your child is starting to fall behind in school or eager to get ahead, our proven programs deliver real results.
Through a balanced mix of instruction and independent learning, we help make sure your child’s study habits become ingrained. These are fundamental habits that children can take with them long after they graduate!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
No two kids are the same. This is why a one-size-fits-all tutoring program just won’t cut it, especially when we’re talking about behaviors and outlooks that can affect performance in every subject. Fortunately, our Personalized Tutoring program accounts for every young learner's specific needs. The skills sets we work on include:
- Techniques for active reading: Strengthened comprehension skills means better understanding in all classes.
- Key writing competencies: We can help students communicate more clearly through writing.
- Smart note-taking strategies: We can help make study time as productive as possible through practical techniques like flash cards and color-coding.
- Time management: As with any challenging workload, it can be overwhelming knowing where to start. We’ll help your child learn how to effectively organize and prioritize homework.
- Research skills: We take a look at specific subjects and explore the ideal ways to evaluate sources and prepare bibliographies.
- Cyber safety: We can help your budding learner find, evaluate and share digital information in a safe and responsible manner.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
We empower advanced students to master skills that will serve them well in school and beyond, from effective studying and goal-setting habits to writing and research skills. Our passionate tutors motivate students to work and study smarter so they can achieve their full potential. Features of our Advancement & Test Prep program include:
- Strengthen the right skills: Through this modular program you can choose which topics of study to focus on, which helps ensure your teen’s specific needs are taken care of.
- Build lifelong competencies: We provide plenty of opportunities for Sylvan students to put their new skills to work. This helps engrain key concepts and turn smart habits into lifelong competencies.
- Gain confidence: By encouraging and reinforcing positive behaviors, we can help your teen feel more confident, more motivated and more prepared to take on big tasks.
- Prepare for the future: We can help your teen get a head start on adult responsibilities by working on advanced strategies in goal setting, public speaking, job interview preparation and more.