It isn’t always simple to stay on top of academic responsibilities like homework and essays while juggling extracurricular activities, university preparation and a social life at the same time. Help ensure your teen or pre-teen is prepared to handle his or her increasingly hectic schedule with Sylvan’s study skills program in the Kitchener region. Aimed at students in grades 4-12, our study skills program revolves around “higher order” thinking skills and strategies including academic planning, organization, active listening and resume preparation. After all, equipping your child with effective study skills can translate into greater success in the classroom, in university and in future careers. Get to know how our expert tutors in the Kitchener region can help your son or daughter accomplish goals and take on any workload confidently.
Our Unique Approach
While you might be used to assisting your son or daughter with a math puzzle or an art project, teaching him or her valuable study skills and strategies may be new to you. Using a number of different study strategies and techniques, our tutoring specialists in the Kitchener region concentrate on important skills that can be applied in the classroom and beyond: time management, organization, strategic planning, academic planning and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
What to Expect
Succeeding academically doesn’t just mean getting a passing grade on a test or an exam. This is why our study skills tutors in the Kitchener region take the bigger picture into account. We have carefully developed our program around preparing your son or daughter for the increasing workloads and growing expectations ahead. That includes teaching proven goal-setting strategies and study tips that can be used time and again. In addition to these life-long skills, we also continually reinforce positive attitudes, building your teen's confidence at a crucial point in his or her journey to adulthood.
Through our study skills program, your child will learn effective strategies including:
- Time management for effectively managing time and schoolwork.
- Strategic planning for setting short-term and long term-goals.
- Academic planning for mapping out and tracking long-term projects.
- Better organization for tackling coursework, optimizing a personal study area, setting personal expectations and utilizing an academic planner.
- How to use active listening.
- How to identify teacher expectations and priorities.
- Getting to understand university admissions requirements, including the university admission essay.
- Job interviewing techniques and how to write an impactful cover letter and resume.