Juggling academic responsibilities like schoolwork, essays, university prep and after school activities — not to mention a social life — can certainly be challenging! But with Sylvan's study skills program in the Barrie region, you can help your teen or pre teen prepare for an exciting yet challenging time in his or her life. Our study skills program is specifically aimed at students in grades 4-12 and focuses on "higher order" thinking strategies and techniques, including organization, time management and strategic planning. These skills will not only help set your child on the path to success in high school and university, but they can also carry forward into his or her personal and professional life. Get to know how our expert tutors in the Barrie region can help your son or daughter accomplish goals and take on any workload confidently.
A Comprehensive Education
While you may be familiar with helping your child with a spelling question or a science fair project, equipping him or her with effective study skills and techniques may not come as easy. Rest assured our skilled tutors in the Barrie region use a range of study strategies to equip your child with practical skills that can be applied in school, in university and beyond: organizational tactics, time management techniques, academic planning tips and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
What We Offer
Achieving academic success is one thing, but there's more to succeeding at school than exams and assignments alone. That’s why our study skills tutors in the Barrie region focus on the larger picture. Our program aims to ensure your child is ready for the increasing workloads and expectations to come in university. This involves teaching strategies for setting goals and equipping students with study tips that can be used over and over again.
Our study skills program will teach your child effective studying strategies including:
- Time management to efficiently manage time and workloads.
- Strategic planning and academic planning to set both short-term and long-term goals and projects.
- How to effectively organize schoolwork and a personal study area, set personal expectations and use an academic planner.
- Identifying teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Navigating university admissions requirements, including the university admission essay.
- How to interview for a job and write an effective resume and cover letter.