Attempting to juggle everything from school projects and essays to extracurricular sports and activities — not to mention maintaining a social life — is not an easy task. However, with Sylvan’s study skills program in the Barrie region, you can provide the guidance and preparation your teen or pre-teen needs to successfully prepare for this exciting yet turbulent time in his or her life. We have carefully designed our study skills program for students in grades 4-12, concentrating on “higher order” thinking skills including academic planning, strategic planning and expectation management Discover for yourself the many ways in which our knowledgeable tutors in the Barrie region can help set your child on the path to success.
Practical Learning for Real Results
While you may be familiar with helping your child with a spelling question or a science fair project, equipping him or her with effective study skills and techniques may not come as easy. Rest assured our skilled tutors in the Barrie region use a range of study strategies to equip your child with practical skills that can be applied in school, in university and beyond: organizational tactics, time management techniques, academic planning tips and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
The Right Preparation for the Best Results
Passing a test or exam is one thing, but there’s more to success in school than grades alone. That's why our study skills experts in the Barrie region keep the big picture in mind. Our program aims to ensure your child is ready for the increasing workloads and expectations to come in university. That means teaching both short-term and long-term goal-setting techniques as well as study strategies that can be relied on time and again.
With our study skills program, your child will learn strategies including:
- Time management competencies for efficiently managing schedules and coursework.
- Strategic and academic planning in order to set and accomplish short-term and long-term projects and goals.
- Organizational abilities for streamlining schoolwork, arranging a personal study area, setting personal expectations and using an academic planner.
- Learning how to identify teacher expectations and use active listening.
- Getting to grips with university admissions requirements, including the university admission essay.
- Job interview tips and how to write a great resume and cover letter.