Attempting to juggle everything from school projects and essays to extracurricular sports and activities — not to mention maintaining a social life — is not an easy task. That’s where Sylvan’s study skills program in the Barrie region can make a huge difference: we can help your pre-teen or teen effectively prepare for this exciting yet demanding phase in his or her life. Tailored to students in grades 4-12, our study skills program aims to equip your child with important "higher order" thinking skills and strategies like academic planning, time management and resume preparation. Equipping your child with these skills can help make a big impact not only in school and university, but also in future careers. Get in touch with us today to learn more about how our tutoring experts in the Barrie region can help your child fulfill goals and tackle any workload.
Practical Learning for Real Results
While you may be familiar with helping your child with a spelling question or a science fair project, equipping him or her with effective study skills and techniques may not come as easy. Rest assured our skilled tutors in the Barrie region use a range of study strategies to equip your child with practical skills that can be applied in school, in university and beyond: organizational tactics, time management techniques, academic planning tips and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
The Right Preparation for the Best Results
Passing a test or exam is one thing, but there’s more to success in school than grades alone. That's why our study skills experts in the Barrie region keep the big picture in mind. We have carefully developed our program around preparing your son or daughter for the increasing workloads and growing expectations ahead. This includes diving into proven goal-setting strategies and study techniques that can be applied in a variety of situations.
Our study skills program features such strategies and tactics as:
- Time management to successfully manage schedules and schoolwork.
- Academic and strategic planning to set concrete short-term and long-term projects and goals.
- Organization to create an orderly study area and better tackle schoolwork.
- Performance management to set personal expectations and use an academic planner.
- Expectation management for successfully identifying teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Understanding and tackling university admissions requirements, including the university essay.
- Job interview preparation techniques, including crafting and effective resume and cover letter, and practicing interview questions.