Juggling academic responsibilities like schoolwork, essays, university prep and after school activities — not to mention a social life — can certainly be challenging! But with Sylvan's study skills program in the Barrie region, you can help your teen or pre teen prepare for an exciting yet challenging time in his or her life. Our study skills program is specifically aimed at students in grades 4-12 and focuses on "higher order" thinking strategies and techniques, including organization, time management and strategic planning. These skills will not only help set your child on the path to success in high school and university, but they can also carry forward into his or her personal and professional life. Get to know how our expert tutors in the Barrie region can help your son or daughter accomplish goals and take on any workload confidently.
A Comprehensive Education
While you may be familiar with helping your child with a spelling question or a science fair project, equipping him or her with effective study skills and techniques may not come as easy. Rest assured our skilled tutors in the Barrie region use a range of study strategies to equip your child with practical skills that can be applied in school, in university and beyond: organizational tactics, time management techniques, academic planning tips and more.▼
What We Offer
Achieving academic success is one thing, but there's more to succeeding at school than exams and assignments alone. That’s why our study skills tutors in the Barrie region focus on the larger picture. Our program aims to ensure your child is ready for the increasing workloads and expectations to come in university. This involves teaching strategies for setting goals and equipping students with study tips that can be used over and over again.
Our study skills program features such strategies and tactics as:
- Time management for tackling workloads in an efficient manner.
- Academic and strategic planning for setting short-term and long-term projects and goals.
- Organizational habits for setting up a personal study area, organizing schoolwork, setting personal expectations and using an academic planner.
- Expectation management for pinpointing teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Preparation for university, including navigating admissions and essay requirements.
- Writing an impactful resume and cover letter, and interviewing for a job.