It isn’t always simple to stay on top of academic responsibilities like homework and essays while juggling extracurricular activities, university preparation and a social life at the same time. However, Sylvan’s study skills program in the Barrie region can help ensure your teen is well-equipped for this thrilling yet turbulent period in his or her life. Specially developed for students in grades 4-12, our study skills program focuses on equipping students with important critical thinking skills and valuable time management, organization and strategic planning abilities. After all, equipping your child with effective study skills can translate into greater success in the classroom, in university and in future careers. Discover for yourself how our friendly tutors in the Barrie region can help your child accomplish goals and realize his or her potential.
Our Unique Approach
While you may be familiar with helping your child with a spelling question or a science fair project, equipping him or her with effective study skills and techniques may not come as easy. Rest assured our skilled tutors in the Barrie region use a range of study strategies to equip your child with practical skills that can be applied in school, in university and beyond: organizational tactics, time management techniques, academic planning tips and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
The Right Preparation for the Best Results
Succeeding academically doesn’t just mean getting a passing grade on a test or an exam. That’s why our study skills tutors in the Barrie region focus on the larger picture. Our program has been developed to focus on successfully preparing your son or daughter for the heavier workloads and expectations ahead. This includes diving into proven goal-setting strategies and study techniques that can be applied in a variety of situations.
Our study skills program features such strategies and tactics as:
- Time management competencies for efficiently managing schedules and coursework.
- Strategic and academic planning in order to set and accomplish short-term and long-term projects and goals.
- Organizational abilities for streamlining schoolwork, arranging a personal study area, setting personal expectations and using an academic planner.
- Learning how to identify teacher expectations and use active listening.
- Getting to grips with university admissions requirements, including the university admission essay.
- Job interview tips and how to write a great resume and cover letter.