Workloads grow and assignments get tougher as your child progresses through school, but there is a way to successfully take on these challenges. With Sylvan’s study skills programs in Halifax, your child will spend time learning effective time management and exam prep strategies that will put them on the right track towards successful university applications. It's a great way to make sure that growing "to do" list doesn't have any negative effects. Our study skills program focuses on more than academic best practices — it also builds positive organizational habits that last a lifetime. That's how our study skills experts are helping Halifax students get on the path to success in the classroom and beyond.
A Tailored Approach with a Personal Touch
Not all adolescents have the same needs when it comes to developing those all-important "higher order" thinking skills. We provide tips for smarter assignment planning and exam preparation as well as effective research strategies and advice on how to improve in-class learning with better active listening skills. At Sylvan, we start by evaluating each student’s needs so we’re able to tailor our approach and fill each session with relevant ways to improve grades through better study habits.▼
Tutors That Make a Difference
After you've signed your son or daughter up for our study skills program in Halifax, what can you expect next? Our tutoring experts will impart study skills that are not only applicable in school but can also be used throughout life. That includes study tips that reveal how to make assignments and exams less intimidating and more manageable. Our main goal is to instill a positive attitude, making sure we take the time to recognize students for the progress they make during each session.
What your child will take away from our study skills program:
- Guidance towards effective planning and time management strategies.
- Tips for more efficient note-taking like using flash cards.
- Reading comprehension techniques that will improve ability to understand and retain information.
- Research best practices for finding quality online sources and sharing digital information as responsibly as possible.
- Advice for improving written communication skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies cover different types of questions and help manage nerves.
- Guidance through the university admissions process and tips for preparing for job interviews.
- Handy scheduling options that will make it easier to fit in all your priorities.