Progressing through school means bigger workloads and tougher assignments, but there is a way to help your child take on these challenges and fulfill his or her potential. Thanks to Sylvan’s study skills programs in Halifax, your child will develop better time management and exam preparation skills while also getting ready for future university applications. It's a great way to find out how to get the better of any "to do" list. After all, our study skills program focuses on practical organizational skills as well as proven academic techniques. Our instructors know exactly how to set students in Halifax up for future success.
A Tailored, Personal Approach
Different students have different needs when it comes to mastering those critically important "higher order" thinking skills. Developing strategies for more effective exam preparation, assignment planning and active listening in the classroom are all essential to long-term success. At Sylvan, adapting to each student’s unique needs is a priority so we’re able to provide relevant and personalized sessions that focus on practical study tips for boosting grades and building confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
We're Here to Make a Difference
Wondering what you can look forward to once you've registered your child for our study skills program in Halifax? You'll see that our tutors are experts at instilling study habits that will serve your child well in the classroom and beyond. That includes handy tips that make all kinds of exams, assignments and tests much more manageable. We also recognize every milestone reached, encouraging students to continue fostering their new habits, skills and attitudes.
Our study skills program offers:
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits to better manage time and responsibilities.
- Active reading strategies, including reading comprehension strategies, as well as active listening strategies and presentation skills.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to tackle different types of questions and manage anxiety.
- Writing and research tips such as learning how to evaluate sources and write a bibliography.
- How to locate, evaluate and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the university admissions process and prepare for job interviews. Convenient scheduling options to make it easier for you to manage your family's time!