As your child progresses through his or her school career, you can expect the workloads to get bigger and the assignments to get tougher — but there is a way to successfully prepare for these challenges. Thanks to Sylvan’s study skills programs in Fall River, your child will develop better time management and exam preparation skills while also getting ready for future university applications. It's a great way to stay on top of even the most demanding "to do" lists. After all, success at school demands strong organizational habits as well as effective academic skills. That's how our study skills experts are helping Fall River students get on the path to success in the classroom and beyond.
A Tailored Approach with a Personal Touch
Every student learns those all important “higher order” thinking skills differently. We provide tips for smarter assignment planning and exam preparation as well as effective research strategies and advice on how to improve in-class learning with better active listening skills. That's why we assess each student's needs to help ensure every session is both relevant and personalized, emphasizing the most effective ways to study, achieve better grades and gain confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
We're Here to Make a Difference
Wondering what you can look forward to once you've registered your child for our study skills program in Fall River? Our experienced tutors will be there to help your child develop study skills that will last a lifetime. That includes sharing techniques that are proven to make exams, projects, assignments and other schoolwork more manageable. We also work on encouraging a positive attitude and acknowledging students for every goal and milestone reached.
Our program covers the following:
- Strategic and academic planning: How to set goals and track projects in the short-term and long-term.
- Time management: How to use your time more effectively and manage workloads.
- Better organization: How to create a better personal study space and organize schoolwork.
- Planning and performance management: How to make use of an academic planner and track grades.
- Expectation management: How to identify teacher expectations, understand priorities and start using active listening techniques in class.
- Higher education and career preparation: How to successfully navigate the university admissions process, write a compelling cover letter and prepare for a job interview.