As your child progresses through his or her school career, you can expect the workloads to get bigger and the assignments to get tougher — but there is a way to successfully prepare for these challenges. With our study skills program in Fall River, you can help your child get ahead of the game when it comes to time management, exam preparation and even university applications. It's a great way to make sure that growing "to do" list doesn't have any negative effects. In addition to focusing on effective techniques for academic success, our study skills program also gives students foundation of organizational skills they can take out into the real world. That’s how our experts prepare students in Fall River for success an all facets of their lives.
Tailored to Fit Individual Needs
Every student learns those all important “higher order” thinking skills differently. Developing strategies for more effective exam preparation, assignment planning and active listening in the classroom are all essential to long-term success. At Sylvan, adapting to each student’s unique needs is a priority so we’re able to provide relevant and personalized sessions that focus on practical study tips for boosting grades and building confidence.▼
Tutors You Can Count On
So what happens next once you've registered your son or daughter for our study skills program in Fall River? Our experienced tutors will be there to help your child develop study skills that will last a lifetime. That includes advice on how to make test preparation and project planning more manageable. We also reinforce positive habits and attitudes, recognizing students for every skill they learn and milestone they reach.
Our study skills program has it all:
- Tips for developing better time management and planning habits.
- Test day strategies for managing stress and improving results.
- Efficient note-taking techniques that will make studying and preparing for tests easier.
- Active reading and listening strategies that will increase comprehension and improve presentation skills.
- Learn research best practices, how to choose the right sources and how to write an accurate bibliography.
- Practice and improve written communication skills.
- Help navigating the ins and out of the university admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Beneficial scheduling options that will help you manage your family’s time effectively.