As your child gets older, school workloads will grow and assignment difficulty will increase — but it’s possible for your child to confidently take on new challenges. Register your child for Sylvan’s study skills programs in Fall River, and he or she will learn better time management and exam prep strategies and start laying the groundwork for future university applications. It’s the ideal way to foster positive habits for managing even the most extensive “to do” list. After all, our study skills program focuses on practical organizational skills as well as proven academic techniques. That's how we help Fall River pre-teens and teens prepare to succeed in the classroom and beyond.
Tailored to be More Personal
There is no "one-size-fits-all" way to develop important "higher order" thinking skills. In fact, maximizing academic performance could take a variety of different techniques, such as active listening, assignment planning and exam preparation. That's why we take each student's unique needs into consideration, tailoring our sessions to focus on proven ways to study more effectively and boost grades.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Our Tutors Make a Difference
Wondering what to expect when you register your son or daughter in one of our study skills programs in Fall River? Our tutoring experts will teach practical study and organizational skills that can be used in school and throughout life. That includes study tips that reveal how to make assignments and exams less intimidating and more manageable. We also help students foster their newly acquired habits and attitudes, recognizing each milestone reached and every skill mastered.
What does our study skills program cover?
- Time management tips, note-taking techniques and stronger organizational skills.
- Advanced comprehensive strategies, including active reading and active listening.
- Test prep and test day strategies that cover every kind of exam question and reveal how to control anxiety levels.
- How to evaluate sources, write a bibliography, and use digital resources responsibly.
- How to put together a successful university application.
- Resume and cover letter techniques, as well as job interview preparation tips.