The older your child gets, the more difficult and demanding school assignments are going to become — but that just means he or she will have to develop the skills to conquer every new challenge that comes along. Sylvan’s study skills programs in Dartmouth make teaching solid time management and exam prep methods a top priority so your child is better prepared for upcoming university applications. It’s an effective way to nurture the skills to manage any “to do” list. But our study skills program doesn’t just encourage academic success — it also improves organizational habits that students will put to good use outside of the classroom. That’s how our experts help prepare students in Dartmouth for success in the classroom and beyond.
An Approach Tailored to Your Child
No two adolescents have identical learning styles — and that includes how they develop those essential “higher order” thinking skills. In fact, maximizing academic performance could take a variety of different techniques, such as active listening, assignment planning and exam preparation. That's why our sessions are tailored to be personal and relevant, equipping students with the tools they need to be effective, confident learners.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors That Make a Difference
So what is in store when you register your son or daughter for our study skills program in Dartmouth? Our tutoring experts will impart study skills that are not only applicable in school but can also be used throughout life. That includes advice on how to make test preparation and project planning more manageable. We also help students nurture positive habits, recognizing every skill mastered and every milestone reached.
Our program covers the following:
- Time management advice and smart organizational tips that will help develop better habits.
- Note-taking methods.
- More effective learning skills, including active reading, active listening and improved presentation skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies offer guidance and help reduce anxiety. How to utilize and share digital information wisely.
- Writing and research advice on how to choose the best sources and write an accurate bibliography.
- Tips for understanding the university admissions process and preparing for job interviews.
- Convenient class times so you can manage your family’s time and resources more efficiently.