Progressing through school means bigger workloads and tougher assignments, but there is a way to help your child take on these challenges and fulfill his or her potential. Sylvan's study skills program in Bedford is designed to help students improve their time management, learn how to prepare for exams and start working towards a strong university application. It's a great way to stay on top of even the most demanding "to do" lists. Our study skills program not only helps improve academic performance — it also builds valuable organizational skills that extend into the real world. After all, success at school demands strong organizational habits as well as effective academic skills.
Tailored to Fit Individual Needs
School students have different needs when it comes to honing transferable "higher order" thinking skills. Anything from help with exam preparation, assignment planning and research techniques to developing advanced active listening skills for maximizing in-class learning could be required. At Sylvan, we assess each student's needs to ensure our sessions are not only relevant but personalized, focusing on the most effective ways to study better, boost grades and gain confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Our Tutors Make a Difference
Wondering what you can look forward to once you've registered your child for our study skills program in Bedford? Our tutoring experts will teach practical study and organizational skills that can be used in school and throughout life. That includes study tips that reveal how to make assignments and exams less intimidating and more manageable. We also help students nurture positive habits, recognizing every skill mastered and every milestone reached.
Our study skills program has it all:
- Tips for developing better planning habits that will improve time management and organization.
- Stronger reading comprehension, active listening and presentation skills.
- Writing and research methods that will improve ability to find accurate sources and write a bibliography.
- Note taking habits that will improve comprehension and make studying more efficient.
- Advice for test preparation and reducing anxiety on test day.
- Strategies for locating, evaluating and sharing digital information responsibly.
- Tips for navigating the university admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Flexible schedule options that allow you to manage your family’s time effectively.
Start Now and Save