As your child progresses through his or her school career, you can expect the workloads to get bigger and the assignments to get tougher — but there is a way to successfully prepare for these challenges. Sylvan’s study skills programs in Bedford make teaching solid time management and exam prep methods a top priority so your child is better prepared for upcoming university applications. It’s the ideal way to foster positive habits for managing even the most extensive “to do” list. After all, we emphasize practical organizational skills as part of our study skills program in addition to proven academic techniques. That’s how our experts prepare students in Bedford for success an all facets of their lives.
An Approach Tailored to Your Child
Not all adolescents have the same needs when it comes to developing those all-important "higher order" thinking skills. We provide tips for smarter assignment planning and exam preparation as well as effective research strategies and advice on how to improve in-class learning with better active listening skills. That's why we take each student's unique needs into consideration, tailoring our sessions to focus on proven ways to study more effectively and boost grades.▼
Our Tutors Make a Difference
Register your child in one of our study skills programs in Bedford and you can expect nothing but positive changes. Our tutoring experts will teach practical study and organizational skills that can be used in school and throughout life. That includes advice on how to make test preparation and project planning more manageable. We also focus on fostering a positive attitude towards education by making sure to acknowledge every student’s accomplishments on a regular basis.
Take a closer look at our study skills program:
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits to better manage time and responsibilities.
- Active reading strategies, including reading comprehension strategies, as well as active listening strategies and presentation skills.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to tackle different types of questions and manage anxiety.
- Writing and research tips such as learning how to evaluate sources and write a bibliography.
- How to locate, evaluate and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the university admissions process and prepare for job interviews. Convenient scheduling options to make it easier for you to manage your family's time!