As your child progresses through school, the workloads get bigger and the assignments get tougher — but there is a way to take on these challenges with confidence and ease. With Sylvan’s study skills programs in Bedford, your child will spend time learning effective time management and exam prep strategies that will put them on the right track towards successful university applications. It's a great way to stay on top of even the most demanding "to do" lists. After all, our study skills program focuses on practical organizational skills as well as proven academic techniques. Our study skills experts are dedicated to preparing your child for success in school and beyond.
A Personalized Approach
When it comes to strengthening those all-important "higher order" thinking skills, different students have different needs. Developing strategies for more effective exam preparation, assignment planning and active listening in the classroom are all essential to long-term success. At Sylvan, we assess each student's needs to ensure our sessions are not only relevant but personalized, focusing on the most effective ways to study better, boost grades and gain confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors You Can Count On
So what should your expectations be when you register your child for our study skills program in Bedford? You'll learn that our tutors are skilled at teaching effective habits that your child will be able to rely on in the classroom and beyond. That includes sharing study tips that will make assignments, projects and tests much more manageable. Our main goal is to instill a positive attitude, making sure we take the time to recognize students for the progress they make during each session.
Our study skills program includes:
- Active reading and listening strategies, as well as presentation techniques.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to manage anxiety and take on various types of questions.
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Writing and research tips, including how to assess the suitability of sources and create a bibliography.
- How to use and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the university admissions process.