As your child advances through each grade, the difficulty and frequency of assignments is going to increase — but learning how to conquer new challenges with ease is possible. Register your child for Sylvan’s study skills programs in Bedford, and he or she will learn better time management and exam prep strategies and start laying the groundwork for future university applications. It’s an effective way to nurture the skills to manage any “to do” list. After all, success at school demands strong organizational habits as well as effective academic skills. Our instructors know exactly how to set students in Bedford up for future success.
Our Personal Learning Experience
No two adolescents have identical learning styles — and that includes how they develop those essential “higher order” thinking skills. We provide tips for smarter assignment planning and exam preparation as well as effective research strategies and advice on how to improve in-class learning with better active listening skills. At Sylvan, we start by evaluating each student’s needs so we’re able to tailor our approach and fill each session with relevant ways to improve grades through better study habits.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Our Tutors Make a Difference
Wondering what you can look forward to once you've registered your child for our study skills program in Bedford? You'll see that our tutors are experts at instilling study habits that will serve your child well in the classroom and beyond. That includes sharing techniques that are proven to make exams, projects, assignments and other schoolwork more manageable. Our number one focus is nurturing a positive attitude and sustainable habits, making sure to take the time to recognize every student’s progress.
Our study skills program includes:
- Guidance towards effective planning and time management strategies.
- Tips for more efficient note-taking like using flash cards.
- Reading comprehension techniques that will improve ability to understand and retain information.
- Research best practices for finding quality online sources and sharing digital information as responsibly as possible.
- Advice for improving written communication skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies cover different types of questions and help manage nerves.
- Guidance through the university admissions process and tips for preparing for job interviews.
- Handy scheduling options that will make it easier to fit in all your priorities.