Do you want your child to start building smart study habits now? The goal of our Study Skills programs in Bedford is to provide your son or daughter with the tools that will help them tackle growing workloads starting in elementary school all the way to university and beyond. Providing effective study tips is what our tutors do best, so if your child is falling behind or wants to get ahead in class, we’re here to make sure they achieve their goals.
Study Smart from Day One
At Sylvan, instruction is supplemented with lots of opportunity for hands-on practice to test out new skills and ensure good study habits are being formed!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
Since no two children are exactly alike, the best approach for encouraging smart study habits and reinforcing positive attitudes and behaviors won’t be the same across the board. That’s where our Personalized Tutoring programs can help. A wide range of skills are covered, including:
- Time management: Your child will learn how to organize and prioritize, developing more efficient study skills along the way.
- Active reading strategies: Developing better comprehension skills will help your child across all subjects.
- Effective note taking strategies: Using tools like flash cards and color coding can make studying more effective.
- Research skills: Focusing on a particular subject including evaluating sources and writing a bibliography.
- Mastering the writing process: With practice, your child will become a stronger, more engaging writer.
- Online safety: Including learning how to locate, evaluate and share digital informational responsibly.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Teaching your teen digital literacy, smart study habits, goal setting, time management and research and writing skills that he or she will put to good use well into adulthood is what our expert tutors are trained for. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Increase confidence for taking on new challenges: We encourage positive attitudes towards studying so your teen understands how to persevere through tough challenges.
- Develop and build on important skills: The skill areas we focus on is up to you. We'll target time management, note taking or presentation skills — whatever your child needs!
- Improve on skills that will be important in the future: Sylvan is here to teach lifelong skills for presentations, goal setting and job interview preparation.