Sylvan’s study skills program in Nova Scotia can help ensure your son or daughter is fully prepared for increasing school workloads and the forthcoming challenges of university. Through our program, kids in grades 4-12 develop useful life management, problem solving and critical thinking skills to help them better organize their busy schedules and stay on top of schoolwork assignments. You'll see a noticeable confidence boost as your child gets to grips with life-long tools and techniques that can be used at school at beyond! There’s no better time than now to equip your child for success: contact your local Sylvan in Nova Scotia now to get started.
A Smart Approach to a Brighter Future
With homework piling up, advanced classes to take, extracurricular activities to attend, part-time jobs to get to on time and a social life to uphold, there’s no question that most students have a lot on their plate. And with university applications to eventually consider, it can be difficult to stay on top of things. This is where our study skills program can make a big impact: our tutoring experts will equip students with valuable strategies for planning, managing and prioritizing schedules and workloads, so they can take on any project more effectively.▼
Life-Long Skills to Succeed, Starting in Grade 4
A solid foundation is crucial for success. For that reason, Sylvan's study skills program in Nova Scotia is designed to equip teens with transferable skills and strategies that can be used in the classroom and, after that, at university and in career settings. Because we see the bigger picture, we’re always dedicated to instilling lifelong knowledge that can help your son or daughter thrive personally and academically. Learn how we can help your child push his or her skillset (and confidence!) to the next level.
Your Child Will Learn:
- How to manage time and workloads more effectively.
- Proven strategies for short-term and long-term target setting.
- Techniques for planning and managing large projects.
- Organizational methods for efficient homework routines and how to set up a personal study area.
- Performance management and planning skills, from tracking grades to using an academic calendar.
- How to communicate more effectively, including tactics like active listening.
- How to put together a winning university application.
- Job interview preparation tactics, including expert tips for writing a compelling cover letter.