As school workloads grow and the challenges of university get closer, you can help ensure your son or daughter is prepared with Sylvan’s study skills program in Nova Scotia. Our program, which is specifically designed for students in grades 4-12, teaches valuable problem solving, critical thinking and life management skills that help kids more effectively manage their time and organize their schoolwork. You'll see confidence levels soar as your child picks up life-long tools that he or she can put to good use in the classroom and beyond! So don't delay: contact your local Sylvan in Nova Scotia now to make sure your child is equipped for success.
Start Now, Succeed Tomorrow
There’s no doubt that many students have a lot of responsibilities to juggle, whether it's a homework assignment, advanced classes, a part-time job or simply maintaining a healthy social life. Add the extra challenge of university applications and it's even trickier to stay on top of everything. That's why our study skills program focuses on strategies for planning, managing and prioritizing workloads and schedules, empowering students to take on any project — and organize their time — much more effectively.
The Tools to Succeed from Grade 4 to High School Graduation and Beyond
Success starts with a solid foundation. With our study skills program in Nova Scotia, students can develop important skills and strategies that are relevant in the classroom immediately, and can also be applied in university and career settings later on. Because we see the bigger picture, we’re always dedicated to instilling lifelong knowledge that can help your son or daughter thrive personally and academically. We’re ready to build your child’s skillset so he or she can take on any challenge with confidence.
Here's What Your Child Will Learn:
- Scheduling and workload management techniques.
- Strategies for achieving goals in both the short term and long term.
- Tips for project planning and tracking.
- Organizational methods for completing homework assignments and establishing an efficient personal study area.
- Performance management skills, such as using an academic calendar and tracking grades.
- Tactics for better communication, including active listening.
- How to ace the all-important university admission essay.
- Job interview preparation, including how to write an effective resume and cover letter.