When you find the right reading tutor in Halifax, you can expect your child’s reading skills to improve — and for his or her confidence to get a real boost, leading to greater success in the classroom and beyond. Whether your child is starting to fall behind, needs some extra practice to reinforce learning or simply wants to get ahead, our talented tutors will provide the practical support he or she needs.
Learning Tailored to Get Results
We offer a number of approaches to reading tutoring, ensuring that each child is empowered to learn in the most effective way for his or her needs. We'll evaluate your child’s current level and recommend the right path for the most effective learning experience — and the most improved scores.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
This program is designed for kids who are having a hard time getting their reading skills up to grade level. Here's what sets our Personalized Tutoring apart:
- Success at school and during homework time. Measurable progress is guaranteed!
- The exact support needed. Using a detailed reading assessment, we get to know which skills need attention in order to improve reading fluency, comprehension and competence.
- No more frustration. We design personalized learning plans and continually adjust them to ensure that reading is challenging and fun.
- Competitive rates. Getting the best reading support is affordable! Our hourly rates compare with private tutors and other tutoring companies.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
If your child is doing okay with reading-related schoolwork but could do with some extra support to realize his or her potential, this could be the right program for you. Here's what you can expect when you sign up for Academic Coaching:
- Practical tutoring to develop and hone reading comprehension skills, stay up-to-date with homework and boost results in class.
- Learning sessions that feature skill practice, homework help and test prep tips, all focused on meeting your child's unique needs.
- An up-to-date curriculum that aligns with your school to make a greater impact in the classroom.
- Competitively priced monthly packages that work with your family's needs and budget.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (K-12)
If your child is on the fast track but could use some extra support managing a challenging course load, Sylvan’s Advanced Reading Skills course can help your teen get comfortable with and excel at advanced homework and university-level classes. Here's what this program offers:
- Greater confidence (and less frustration) when it comes to taking on heavy workloads.
- Improved efficiency at finishing reading assignments in accelerated classes.
- Better time management skills for completing homework and studying for reading-heavy tests like the SAT and ACT.
- Boosted scores on tests, homework and university entrance exams.
- Workload preparation for university.
- Affordable hourly rates that work with your budget.
Sign Up Now to Enjoy Our Special Offer!
There's still plenty of time to prepare for success in the new school year. By scheduling an Academic Checkup at your local Sylvan, we can take evaluate your child's academic skills in comparison with nationwide norms — and use our findings to identify which areas need to be improved. Don’t miss out: start today for only $95*!