Are you looking for a math tutor in Nova Scotia who can transform a potentially tricky subject into smiles, high-fives and greater confidence? Could a more personal, engaging approach to learning unlock your child's full potential in the classroom? Turn to Sylvan for any of three math programs — personal math tutoring, Math Edge and math homework help — that help your child master key math concepts and develop the tools essential for lasting success. Our programs take university and career readiness standards into account, so you can be confident that our sessions are geared towards long-term success. We’re here to help take the frustration out of math: find out how your local Sylvan math tutors in Nova Scotia can help your child overcome knowledge gaps and rediscover the joy of learning.
Enjoy Measurable Improvements
We know how to make math less stressful and more engaging, which helps kids do better in school and develop a range of skills they can put to good use in other areas. In fact, when you connect with any of Sylvan's locations in Nova Scotia, you'll find that our math tutoring programs can grow scores by up to three times in comparison to students who do not attend Sylvan.▼
Choose the Right Math Program for Your Child
Personal Math Tutoring (Grades 1-12)
- Innovative, interactive learning. We use iPads® as teaching tools, helping to adapt math lessons to your child's specific abilities and create a more interesting and enjoyable classroom dynamic.
- A personal approach. With Sylvan Insight™ — our trademark, step-by-step method — we personalize learning to your child.
- Immediate feedback. Instant feedback and advice helps students stay motivated.
Math Edge (Grades 1-6)
- Engaging, brain-boosting activities. We emphasize useful problem-solving skills to help your child think about math in new ways and develop a deeper understanding of key concepts.
- A fun, kid-friendly format. Boost math speed and proficiency with a diverse range of fun activities, a motivational rewards system and the positive team spirit of a small group.
- Challenging math content. Our math curriculum aligns with university and career readiness standards and uses a five-step process to help your child achieve more in math.
Math Homework Help (Grades 1-12)
- Just-as-needed tutoring. Tricky homework assignment to complete? Important test to prepare for? It's time to enlist our talented math tutors.
- An end to frustration. We know it can be difficult to explain math concepts, but you don't always have to be your child's math expert: our tutors know how to transform frustration into high fives and make learning far more rewarding.
- Scheduling that is both flexible and convenient. Including evenings and weekends.
Ready to Get Started?
For a limited time, you can get started with a Sylvan math program for $95*. It's a valuable opportunity to get to know what our math programs are all about. Get in touch now to find out how!