Workloads grow and assignments get tougher as your child progresses through school, but there is a way to successfully take on these challenges. Sylvan's study skills program in Rothesay is designed to help students improve their time management, learn how to prepare for exams and start working towards a strong university application. It's a great way to stay on top of even the most demanding "to do" lists. In fact, our study skills program doesn't only focus on academic techniques: it builds great all-round organizational habits that last a lifetime. That's how we help Rothesay pre-teens and teens prepare to succeed in the classroom and beyond.
A Tailored, Personal Approach
There is no "one-size-fits-all" way to develop important "higher order" thinking skills. In fact, anything from exam preparation, assignment planning to active listening skills could be needed to maximize all-round academic performance. That's why we assess each student's needs to help ensure every session is both relevant and personalized, emphasizing the most effective ways to study, achieve better grades and gain confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Getting into the Right Habits
After you've signed your son or daughter up for our study skills program in Rothesay, what can you expect next? Our tutoring experts will teach practical study and organizational skills that can be used in school and throughout life. That includes tips for managing exam preparation and project planning more effectively. Our number one focus is nurturing a positive attitude and sustainable habits, making sure to take the time to recognize every student’s progress.
Our study skills program includes:
- Time management advice and smart organizational tips that will help develop better habits.
- Note-taking methods.
- More effective learning skills, including active reading, active listening and improved presentation skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies offer guidance and help reduce anxiety. How to utilize and share digital information wisely.
- Writing and research advice on how to choose the best sources and write an accurate bibliography.
- Tips for understanding the university admissions process and preparing for job interviews.
- Convenient class times so you can manage your family’s time and resources more efficiently.