The older your child gets, the more difficult and demanding school assignments are going to become — but that just means he or she will have to develop the skills to conquer every new challenge that comes along. Sylvan's study skills program in Fredericton is designed to help students improve their time management, learn how to prepare for exams and start working towards a strong university application. It’s the perfect way to build an understanding of how to manage even the longest “to do” list. After all, success at school demands strong organizational habits as well as effective academic skills. That's how our study skills experts are helping Fredericton students get on the path to success in the classroom and beyond.
A Tailored, Personal Approach
When it comes to strengthening those all-important "higher order" thinking skills, different students have different needs. In fact, maximizing academic performance could take a variety of different techniques, such as active listening, assignment planning and exam preparation. That's why we personalize our sessions to make sure each student has the support and guidance to study more effectively, boost grades and gain more confidence.▼
Tutors That Teach the Right Habits
Wondering what you can look forward to once you've registered your child for our study skills program in Fredericton? You'll see that our tutors are experts at instilling study habits that will serve your child well in the classroom and beyond. That includes sharing techniques that are proven to make exams, projects, assignments and other schoolwork more manageable. We also work on encouraging a positive attitude and acknowledging students for every goal and milestone reached.
Our study skills program at a glance:
- Tips for developing better planning habits that will improve time management and organization.
- Stronger reading comprehension, active listening and presentation skills.
- Writing and research methods that will improve ability to find accurate sources and write a bibliography.
- Note taking habits that will improve comprehension and make studying more efficient.
- Advice for test preparation and reducing anxiety on test day.
- Strategies for locating, evaluating and sharing digital information responsibly.
- Tips for navigating the university admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Flexible schedule options that allow you to manage your family’s time effectively.