As your child advances through each grade, the difficulty and frequency of assignments is going to increase — but learning how to conquer new challenges with ease is possible. Register your child for Sylvan’s study skills programs in Florenceville-Bristol, and he or she will learn better time management and exam prep strategies and start laying the groundwork for future university applications. It’s the perfect way to build an understanding of how to manage even the longest “to do” list. In addition to focusing on effective techniques for academic success, our study skills program also gives students foundation of organizational skills they can take out into the real world. That's how we make sure children and teens in Florenceville-Bristol and beyond are well prepared to succeed.
Our Personal Learning Experience
Every student learns those all important “higher order” thinking skills differently. In fact, a combination of techniques are needed to ensure the best possible academic performance, including advanced research skills, assignment planning and the ability to use active listening in class. At Sylvan, adapting to each student’s unique needs is a priority so we’re able to provide relevant and personalized sessions that focus on practical study tips for boosting grades and building confidence.▼
See the Difference We Can Make
After you've signed your son or daughter up for our study skills program in Florenceville-Bristol, what can you expect next? Our tutoring experts will impart study skills that are not only applicable in school but can also be used throughout life. That includes sharing techniques that are proven to make exams, projects, assignments and other schoolwork more manageable. We also help students nurture positive habits, recognizing every skill mastered and every milestone reached.
Our program at a glance:
- Guidance towards effective planning and time management strategies.
- Tips for more efficient note-taking like using flash cards.
- Reading comprehension techniques that will improve ability to understand and retain information.
- Research best practices for finding quality online sources and sharing digital information as responsibly as possible.
- Advice for improving written communication skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies cover different types of questions and help manage nerves.
- Guidance through the university admissions process and tips for preparing for job interviews.
- Handy scheduling options that will make it easier to fit in all your priorities.