As your child progresses through his or her school career, you can expect the workloads to get bigger and the assignments to get tougher — but there is a way to successfully prepare for these challenges. Sylvan’s study skills programs in Florenceville-Bristol make teaching solid time management and exam prep methods a top priority so your child is better prepared for upcoming university applications. It's a great way to gain the skills needed to balance even the longest "to do" list. After all, our study skills program focuses on practical organizational skills as well as proven academic techniques. Our instructors know exactly how to set students in Florenceville-Bristol up for future success.
A Tailored Approach with a Personal Touch
When it comes to strengthening those all-important "higher order" thinking skills, different students have different needs. We offer everything from assistance with exam preparation and assignment planning to research strategies and techniques for developing better active listening skills. At Sylvan, adapting to each student’s unique needs is a priority so we’re able to provide relevant and personalized sessions that focus on practical study tips for boosting grades and building confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors That Teach the Right Habits
So what happens once your son or daughter is registered for our study skills program in Florenceville-Bristol? Our experienced tutors will be there to help your child develop study skills that will last a lifetime. That includes sharing study tips that will make assignments, projects and tests much more manageable. We also work on encouraging a positive attitude and acknowledging students for every goal and milestone reached.
Our study skills program includes:
- Strategic and academic planning: How to set goals and track projects in the short-term and long-term.
- Time management: How to use your time more effectively and manage workloads.
- Better organization: How to create a better personal study space and organize schoolwork.
- Planning and performance management: How to make use of an academic planner and track grades.
- Expectation management: How to identify teacher expectations, understand priorities and start using active listening techniques in class.
- Higher education and career preparation: How to successfully navigate the university admissions process, write a compelling cover letter and prepare for a job interview.