There’s nothing more fun and exciting than Sylvan’s Robotics for Kids courses in Florenceville-Bristol! Your son or daughter will have a blast building and animating a different LEGO® robot every week while obtaining vital science and engineering skills throughout — it’s awesome! These programs are tailored to ensure kids stay motivated, interested and challenged beyond the classroom. On top of that, our programs help equip your up-and-coming programmer or engineer with 21st century skills that can give him or her a real advantage in the future.
Enhance Your Child’s Skill Set
There are more and more career opportunities in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math), which means a 21st century skill set is an essential asset. Fortunately, our Robotics for Kids courses in Florenceville-Bristol are designed to challenge and inspire kids in elementary and middle school to master critical modern-day skills like computer programming and problem solving without skimping on fun. Your child will work with a buddy to build robots using kid-friendly technology — a process that helps kids learn useful STEM concepts and build confidence.▼
Our Robotics for Kids programs are a blast for kids of all ages and abilities: no previous experience is needed! Parents are involved too, receiving detailed updates every step of the way. That means you'll get weekly communications that illustrate your child's progress, explain which STEM concepts have been covered and look ahead to the next week's project. Wrap-up activities provided at the end of each session also allow your child to reinforce the skills learned in class — and to share with you all the fantastic new things he or she can do!
The Benefits of our Robotics Programs Include:
- Small groups and personalized attention (only 12 students or fewer per class)
- Interactive and collaborative activities that make learning fun!
- The friendships that flourish as students partner up to build and animate LEGO® robots together
- Kid-friendly software that’s fun to play around with
- A unique STEM curriculum that focuses on equipping students with a practical, relevant skill set
- Weekly communication, so parents stay informed throughout the course