It isn’t always simple to stay on top of academic responsibilities like homework and essays while juggling extracurricular activities, university preparation and a social life at the same time. But with Sylvan's study skills program in the Saint John, Moncton and Fredericton region, you can help your teen or pre teen prepare for an exciting yet challenging time in his or her life. Aimed at students in grades 4-12, our study skills program revolves around “higher order” thinking skills and strategies including academic planning, organization, active listening and resume preparation. Equipping your child with these skills can help make a big impact not only in school and university, but also in future careers. Find out how our tutoring experts in the Saint John, Moncton and Fredericton region can help your son or daughter achieve goals and conquer any workload.
A Practical Approach for Tangible Results
While you may help your child figure out a math problem or proofread an English essay from time to time, teaching him or her successful study habits and strategies is not always so simple. Our tutors in the Saint John, Moncton and Fredericton region use a wide range of study tactics, tips and techniques to teach practical skills that can be used both inside and outside the classroom: time management, organization, academic planning and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Here's What You Can Expect
Getting a good grade on a project or exam is one thing, but there’s much more to success than numbers alone. This is the reason our study skills tutors in the Saint John, Moncton and Fredericton region consider the bigger picture. Our program is devised to ensure your child is well prepared and properly equipped for the mounting workloads and expectations ahead. That means teaching both short-term and long-term goal-setting techniques as well as study strategies that can be relied on time and again.
Our study skills program focuses on techniques for smarter studying, including:
- Time management for effectively managing time and schoolwork.
- Strategic planning for setting short-term and long term-goals.
- Academic planning for mapping out and tracking long-term projects.
- Better organization for tackling coursework, optimizing a personal study area, setting personal expectations and utilizing an academic planner.
- How to use active listening.
- How to identify teacher expectations and priorities.
- Getting to understand university admissions requirements, including the university admission essay.
- Job interviewing techniques and how to write an impactful cover letter and resume.