Trying to balance everything from schoolwork, essays and projects to university prep, extracurricular events and social activities is no easy task! Help ensure your teen or pre-teen is prepared to handle his or her increasingly hectic schedule with Sylvan’s study skills program in the Saint John, Moncton and Fredericton region. Our study skills program is specifically aimed at students in grades 4-12 and focuses on "higher order" thinking strategies and techniques, including organization, time management and strategic planning. These skills will not only help set your child on the path to success in high school and university, but they can also carry forward into his or her personal and professional life. Contact us today to discover how our knowledgeable tutors in the Saint John, Moncton and Fredericton region can help your child realize his or goals and take on increasing workloads with confidence.
A Practical Approach for Tangible Results
While you might be used to assisting your son or daughter with a math puzzle or an art project, teaching him or her valuable study skills and strategies may be new to you. Using a number of different study strategies and techniques, our tutoring specialists in the Saint John, Moncton and Fredericton region concentrate on important skills that can be applied in the classroom and beyond: time management, organization, strategic planning, academic planning and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Boosting Skills and Confidence
Getting a good grade on a project or exam is one thing, but there’s much more to success than numbers alone. That’s why our study skills tutors in the Saint John, Moncton and Fredericton region focus on the larger picture. Our program aims to ensure your child is ready for the increasing workloads and expectations to come in university. This involves teaching strategies for setting goals and equipping students with study tips that can be used over and over again.
Through our study skills program, your child will learn effective strategies including:
- Time management to efficiently manage time and workloads.
- Strategic planning and academic planning to set both short-term and long-term goals and projects.
- How to effectively organize schoolwork and a personal study area, set personal expectations and use an academic planner.
- Identifying teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Navigating university admissions requirements, including the university admission essay.
- How to interview for a job and write an effective resume and cover letter.