Attempting to juggle everything from school projects and essays to extracurricular sports and activities — not to mention maintaining a social life — is not an easy task. Help ensure your teen or pre-teen is prepared to handle his or her increasingly hectic schedule with Sylvan’s study skills program in the Saint John, Moncton and Fredericton region. Specially developed for students in grades 4-12, our study skills program focuses on equipping students with important critical thinking skills and valuable time management, organization and strategic planning abilities. These skills can make a lasting impact in the classroom, in university and in future careers. Discover for yourself the many ways in which our knowledgeable tutors in the Saint John, Moncton and Fredericton region can help set your child on the path to success.
Our Comprehensive Approach
While you may help your child figure out a math problem or proofread an English essay from time to time, teaching him or her successful study habits and strategies is not always so simple. Our tutors in the Saint John, Moncton and Fredericton region use a wide range of study tactics, tips and techniques to teach practical skills that can be used both inside and outside the classroom: time management, organization, academic planning and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Building Skills, Boosting Confidence
Getting a good grade on a project or exam is one thing, but there’s much more to success than numbers alone. This is the reason our study skills tutors in the Saint John, Moncton and Fredericton region consider the bigger picture. Our program aims to ensure your child is ready for the increasing workloads and expectations to come in university. This includes diving into proven goal-setting strategies and study techniques that can be applied in a variety of situations.
Our study skills program features such strategies and tactics as:
- Time management to successfully manage schedules and schoolwork.
- Academic and strategic planning to set concrete short-term and long-term projects and goals.
- Organization to create an orderly study area and better tackle schoolwork.
- Performance management to set personal expectations and use an academic planner.
- Expectation management for successfully identifying teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Understanding and tackling university admissions requirements, including the university essay.
- Job interview preparation techniques, including crafting and effective resume and cover letter, and practicing interview questions.