It's not always easy to juggle school-related responsibilities like homework, university prep, advanced classes and extracurricular activities — not to mention socializing! However, Sylvan’s study skills program in the Saint John, Moncton and Fredericton region can help ensure your teen is well-equipped for this thrilling yet turbulent period in his or her life. Aimed at students in grades 4-12, our study skills program revolves around “higher order” thinking skills and strategies including academic planning, organization, active listening and resume preparation. These skills will not only help set your child on the path to success in high school and university, but they can also carry forward into his or her personal and professional life. Discover for yourself how our friendly tutors in the Saint John, Moncton and Fredericton region can help your child accomplish goals and realize his or her potential.
A Comprehensive Education
While you may be familiar with helping your child with a spelling question or a science fair project, equipping him or her with effective study skills and techniques may not come as easy. Rest assured our skilled tutors in the Saint John, Moncton and Fredericton region use a range of study strategies to equip your child with practical skills that can be applied in school, in university and beyond: organizational tactics, time management techniques, academic planning tips and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Here's What You Can Expect
Passing a test or exam is one thing, but there’s more to success in school than grades alone. That’s why our study skills experts in the Saint John, Moncton and Fredericton region ensure the bigger picture is accounted for. We have specially designed our program to make certain your son or daughter is well prepared for the mounting course loads and expectations to come. This includes diving into proven goal-setting strategies and study techniques that can be applied in a variety of situations.
Our study skills program focuses on techniques for smarter studying, including:
- Time management to successfully manage schedules and schoolwork.
- Academic and strategic planning to set concrete short-term and long-term projects and goals.
- Organization to create an orderly study area and better tackle schoolwork.
- Performance management to set personal expectations and use an academic planner.
- Expectation management for successfully identifying teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Understanding and tackling university admissions requirements, including the university essay.
- Job interview preparation techniques, including crafting and effective resume and cover letter, and practicing interview questions.