There’s no wrong time to start developing effective study habits! With our Study Skills programs in the Saint John, Moncton and Fredericton region, your son or daughter has the opportunity to develop skills that will serve them well throughout their education. Areas of focus include time management skills to effectively transition from elementary school to university and even in the workplace. Whether your goal is to help keep your son or daughter from falling behind or provide that extra guidance to get ahead, our study tips and strategies are sure to make a positive impact.
Smart Study Strategies
Through a combination of instruction and independent learning, we help ensure effective study habits become second nature. These are fundamental habits that children can take with them long after they graduate!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
Every child has different needs. That’s why a one-size-fits-all approach to learning just won’t work, especially when it comes to attitudes and behaviors that impact performance in every subject area. Our Personalized Tutoring program caters to the unique learning needs of each child. You can expect your child to be equipped with a skill set that includes:
- Active reading strategies: Boosted reading skills means better comprehension in all subject areas.
- Honing the writing process: We can help students better express themselves through writing and become more skilled communicators.
- Note-taking techniques: Get the most out of study time with effective strategies like flash cards, color-coding and more.
- Time management: Challenging workloads can sometimes be overwhelming. We can help your child better organize and prioritize for more efficiency (and less stress!) come homework time.
- Research skills: By focusing on specific subjects, we explore the most effective ways to assess sources and put together bibliographies.
- Cyber safety: We can help kids learn how to find, assess and share digital information in a safe and responsible manner.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
We empower advanced students to master skills that will serve them well in school and beyond, from effective studying and goal-setting habits to writing and research skills. We provide the motivation and inspiration your child needs to go after goals and reach his or her full potential. Our Advancement & Test Prep program helps your teen:
- Focus on the right topics: This is a modular program, which means you can decide which areas to pay particular attention to, ensuring we focus on your son or daughter’s specific needs.
- Develop lifelong skills: Our students get hands-on with applying their newly developed strategies in order to strengthen concepts and help turn smart habits into lifelong skills.
- Build up confidence: By fostering positive behaviors, we help boost your teen’s confidence and help him or her successfully prepare to achieve big goals.
- Preparation for tackling adult responsibilities: The skills your son or daughter builds at Sylvan aren’t just valuable in university. Your teen will also develop advanced strategies in goal setting, job interview prep, public speaking and more.