As your child advances through each grade, the difficulty and frequency of assignments is going to increase — but learning how to conquer new challenges with ease is possible. Register your child for Sylvan's study skills program in Winnipeg and we'll help him or her manage time better, prepare for exams effectively and even start laying the groundwork for a great university application. It’s the perfect way to build an understanding of how to manage even the longest “to do” list. After all, we emphasize practical organizational skills as part of our study skills program in addition to proven academic techniques. Our instructors know exactly how to set students in Winnipeg up for future success.
Tailored to Fit Individual Needs
There is no "one-size-fits-all" way to develop important "higher order" thinking skills. In fact, a combination of techniques are needed to ensure the best possible academic performance, including advanced research skills, assignment planning and the ability to use active listening in class. At Sylvan, adapting to each student’s unique needs is a priority so we’re able to provide relevant and personalized sessions that focus on practical study tips for boosting grades and building confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Getting into the Right Habits
So what is in store when you register your son or daughter for our study skills program in Winnipeg? Our experienced tutors will be there to help your child develop study skills that will last a lifetime. That includes study tips that reveal how to make assignments and exams less intimidating and more manageable. We also focus on fostering a positive attitude towards education by making sure to acknowledge every student’s accomplishments on a regular basis.
Take a closer look at our study skills program:
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits to better manage time and responsibilities.
- Active reading strategies, including reading comprehension strategies, as well as active listening strategies and presentation skills.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to tackle different types of questions and manage anxiety.
- Writing and research tips such as learning how to evaluate sources and write a bibliography.
- How to locate, evaluate and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the university admissions process and prepare for job interviews. Convenient scheduling options to make it easier for you to manage your family's time!