As your child advances through each grade, the difficulty and frequency of assignments is going to increase — but learning how to conquer new challenges with ease is possible. With Sylvan's study skills programs in Winnipeg, you can help your child manage his or her time better, prepare for exams more effectively and lay the groundwork for a successful university application. It’s the perfect way to build an understanding of how to manage even the longest “to do” list. In addition to focusing on effective techniques for academic success, our study skills program also gives students foundation of organizational skills they can take out into the real world. That's how we make sure children and teens in Winnipeg and beyond are well prepared to succeed.
An Approach Tailored to Your Child
No two students are exactly the same when it comes to learning those all important “higher order” thinking skills. We provide tips for smarter assignment planning and exam preparation as well as effective research strategies and advice on how to improve in-class learning with better active listening skills. At Sylvan, we assess each student's needs to ensure our sessions are not only relevant but personalized, focusing on the most effective ways to study better, boost grades and gain confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Getting into the Right Habits
So what happens next once you've registered your son or daughter for our study skills program in Winnipeg? Our tutors will be there to encourage positive study and concentration skills that will last a lifetime. That includes study tips that reveal how to make assignments and exams less intimidating and more manageable. We also focus on fostering a positive attitude towards education by making sure to acknowledge every student’s accomplishments on a regular basis.
Our program at a glance:
- Tips for developing better planning habits that will improve time management and organization.
- Stronger reading comprehension, active listening and presentation skills.
- Writing and research methods that will improve ability to find accurate sources and write a bibliography.
- Note taking habits that will improve comprehension and make studying more efficient.
- Advice for test preparation and reducing anxiety on test day.
- Strategies for locating, evaluating and sharing digital information responsibly.
- Tips for navigating the university admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Flexible schedule options that allow you to manage your family’s time effectively.