Looking to make sure your child is fostering good study habits early on? Our Study Skills programs in Winnipeg empower students to reach their full potential when faced with the challenges of a growing workload, from elementary school to university and beyond. Whether your child is falling behind or wants to get ahead, our tutors are here to help with effective study tips that make a difference.
Extra Support for Studying Smart
We ensure that good study habits become second nature by combining personal instruction with independent practice—and plentiful opportunities to put developing skills to the test!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
There's no such thing as a "one-size-fits-all" way to instill positive academic behavior and instill life-long study skills — after all, every child has unique needs. That’s where our Personalized Tutoring programs can be of assistance. Special attention will be paid to the following skill sets:
- Research skills: Finding and evaluating relevant sources, and writing an accurate bibliography.
- Effective note taking strategies: From color coding to flash cards, study aids can help material stick.
- Active reading skills: Better reading comprehension will be valuable to your child in every subject.
- Time management: Supplement strong study habits with good prioritization and organizational skills.
- Master the writing process: Encourage your child to become a stronger, more effective writer.
- Online safety: Tips for locating and evaluate relevant sources as well as how to share digital information responsibly.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
From study habits to digital literacy, goal setting, communication and research skills, our expert tutors help teens develop academic tools and techniques that are invaluable well into adulthood. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Increase confidence for taking on new challenges: We encourage positive attitudes towards studying so your teen understands how to persevere through tough challenges.
- Develop and build on important skills: The skill areas we focus on is up to you. We'll target time management, note taking or presentation skills — whatever your child needs!
- Improve on skills that will be important in the future: Sylvan is here to teach lifelong skills for presentations, goal setting and job interview preparation.