With increasing school workloads and university challenges on the horizon, now is the time to help your son or daughter prepare with Sylvan’s study skills program in Manitoba. Through our program, kids in grades 4-12 can develop practical life management, critical thinking and problem solving skills, enabling them to manage their schoolwork and schedules more effectively. You'll see a noticeable confidence boost as your child gets to grips with life-long tools and techniques that can be used at school at beyond! Contact your local Sylvan in Manitoba now to find out how we can equip your child for success.
A Bright Future Starts With a Smart Approach
With the extra burden of homework, advanced classes, part-time jobs and a host of extracurricular activities, it's easy to see how much modern students have to fit in to their schedules. Add university applications to the mix and it can be extremely difficult to stay on top of things. But our study skills program is designed to have a big impact: our tutoring experts help students develop valuable strategies in order to more effectively plan, manage and prioritize their schedules and workloads.▼
The Skills to Achieve More in School and Beyond
Success starts with a solid foundation. For that reason, Sylvan's study skills program in Manitoba is designed to equip teens with transferable skills and strategies that can be used in the classroom and, after that, at university and in career settings. At Sylvan, we see the bigger picture, which is why we’re dedicated to instilling life-long knowledge that can help your son or daughter thrive personally and academically, both inside and outside the classroom. We’re here to enhance your child’s skillset so he or she can meet any challenge with confidence.
Your Teen Will Learn:
- Scheduling and workload management techniques.
- Strategies for achieving goals in both the short term and long term.
- Tips for project planning and tracking.
- Organizational methods for completing homework assignments and establishing an efficient personal study area.
- Performance management skills, such as using an academic calendar and tracking grades.
- Tactics for better communication, including active listening.
- How to ace the all-important university admission essay.
- Job interview preparation, including how to write an effective resume and cover letter.