With Sylvan’s study skills program in Manitoba, you can help your son or daughter prepare for increasing school workloads and the future challenges that come with university life. Our program, which is tailored for kids and teens in grades 4-12, focuses on the kind of life management, critical thinking and problem solving skills needed to manage schoolwork and organize busy schedules more effectively. You'll see a noticeable difference in your son or daughter's confidence as he or she gains tools and techniques that can be used in school and beyond! It's time to equip your child for success: get started today by contacting your local Sylvan in Manitoba.
A Successful Future Starts Now
With the extra burden of homework, advanced classes, part-time jobs and a host of extracurricular activities, it's easy to see how much modern students have to fit in to their schedules. Add university applications to the mix and it can be extremely difficult to stay on top of things. But our study skills program is designed to have a big impact: our tutoring experts help students develop valuable strategies in order to more effectively plan, manage and prioritize their schedules and workloads.▼
From Grade 4 to High School Graduation and Beyond
Strong foundations are vital for long-term success. So our study skills program in Manitoba is all about the kind of transferable skills and strategies that can be applied immediately in the classroom — as well as in university and professional settings later on. Sylvan always has the bigger picture in mind, so we instill life-long knowledge your son or daughter can use to thrive personally and academically. We’re ready to build your child’s skillset so he or she can take on any challenge with confidence.
Here's What Your Child Will Learn:
- How to manage workloads and schedules better.
- Strategies for short-term and long-term goal setting.
- Techniques for project planning, tracking and management.
- Organizational methods for effective personal study areas and efficient approaches to homework.
- How to set personal expectations, track grades and make effective use of an academic calendar.
- Active listening skills.
- How to successfully apply for university and write a compelling admission essay.
- Job interview preparation techniques, including how to create a resume that works.
Ready to Get Started?