Developing strong study habits early on is essential if you want your child to succeed. Our Study Skills programs in West Vancouver can help educate your son or daughter on how to manage increasing workloads from elementary, high school and university to the workforce. If you’ve noticed your child is falling behind or he or she could use some guidance to get ahead, our tutors are available to provide study tips that will ensure progress.
Guidance for Studying Smart
For kids and teens facing growing demands in the classroom, developing good study habits is essential. Combining practice, instruction and frequent opportunities to practice new skills, we know how to ensure good habits become a way of life!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
Because every child has individual needs, there's no one-size-fits-all method to instill life-long study skills and facilitate positive academic behaviors and attitudes. That’s where our Personalized Tutoring program comes in.
- Effective note taking: Aids like color coding and flash cards can help make studying more effective.
- Research best practices: From evaluating sources to writing a proper bibliography.
- Time management: Organizing and prioritizing are the keys to efficient study habits.
- Mastering the writing process: With practice, your child will learn how to become a stronger writer.
- Active reading: Better comprehension skills will improve your child's scores across all subjects.
- Online safety: How to choose reliable sources and share digital information responsibly.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Study habits, goal setting, digital literacy, time management and more: our tutors know how to help teens develop practical academic skills that can be used well into adulthood. We inspire ambitious students to study smarter and reach their potential in all subjects. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Sharpen the right skills: You decide the skill areas to focus on — such as note-taking or presentation skills — so we're concentrating on the areas most relevant to your teen.
- Apply the skills in the real world: Out students enjoy plenty of opportunities to apply their new strategies to projects and big tests.
- Gain more confidence: We encourage positive behaviors and attitudes to help teens gain the confidence to persevere and meet big expectations.
- Develop skills for the future: It's understandable — you want to see your teen succeed through university and beyond. We can help him or her work on public speaking, goal setting and even job interview preparation.