As your child makes his or her way through school, it's inevitable that the workloads will become more demanding and the assignments will get tougher — but there is a way to prepare for these growing challenges. Register your child for Sylvan's study skills program in Victoria and we'll help him or her manage time better, prepare for tests effectively and even start laying the groundwork for conquering future challenges ahead. It's a great way to make sure that growing "to do" list doesn't have any negative effects.
Our Personal Learning Experience
School students have different needs when it comes to honing transferable "higher order" thinking skills. Whether they need assistance with exam prep, assignment planning, research methods or improving their active listening skills, we have it covered. At Sylvan, adapting to each student’s unique needs is a priority so we’re able to provide relevant and personalized sessions that focus on practical study tips for boosting grades and building confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
An Immediate and Long-Lasting Difference
So what can you expect when you register your son or daughter for our study skills program in Victoria? Our tutors will be there to encourage positive study and concentration skills that will last a lifetime. That includes sharing techniques that are proven to make exams, projects, assignments and other schoolwork more manageable. Our number one focus is nurturing a positive attitude and sustainable habits, making sure to take the time to recognize every student’s progress.
What your child will take away from our study skills program:
- Strategic and academic planning: How to set goals and track projects in the short-term and long-term.
- Time management: How to use your time more effectively and manage workloads.
- Better organization: How to create a better personal study space and organize schoolwork.
- Planning and performance management: How to make use of an academic planner and track grades.
- Expectation management: How to identify teacher expectations, understand priorities and start using active listening techniques in class.
- Higher education and career preparation: How to successfully navigate the university admissions process, write a compelling cover letter and prepare for a job interview.