The older your child gets, the more difficult and demanding school assignments are going to become — but that just means he or she will have to develop the skills to conquer every new challenge that comes along. Register your child for Sylvan's study skills program in Victoria and we'll help him or her manage time better, prepare for exams effectively and even start laying the groundwork for a great university application. It's a great way to gain the skills needed to balance even the longest "to do" list. After all, success at school demands strong organizational habits as well as effective academic skills. After all, success at school demands strong organizational habits as well as effective academic skills.
Tailored to be More Personal
School students have different needs when it comes to honing transferable "higher order" thinking skills. We offer everything from assistance with exam preparation and assignment planning to research strategies and techniques for developing better active listening skills. At Sylvan, we start by evaluating each student’s needs so we’re able to tailor our approach and fill each session with relevant ways to improve grades through better study habits.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
We're Here to Make a Difference
So what happens once your son or daughter is registered for our study skills program in Victoria? Our tutoring experts will teach practical skills for studying and organizing that can be used in and beyond the classroom. That includes sharing techniques that are proven to make exams, projects, assignments and other schoolwork more manageable. Our main goal is to instill a positive attitude, making sure we take the time to recognize students for the progress they make during each session.
Our program covers the following:
- Tips for developing better time management and planning habits.
- Test day strategies for managing stress and improving results.
- Efficient note-taking techniques that will make studying and preparing for tests easier.
- Active reading and listening strategies that will increase comprehension and improve presentation skills.
- Learn research best practices, how to choose the right sources and how to write an accurate bibliography.
- Practice and improve written communication skills.
- Help navigating the ins and out of the university admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Beneficial scheduling options that will help you manage your family’s time effectively.