It's never too early to develop strong study habits. Our Study Skills program in Vernon is the perfect way to support your son or daughter on his or her quest to take on heavier workloads starting from elementary school all the way up to university and beyond. Whether your child is falling behind or wants to get ahead, our tutors are here to help with effective study tips that make a difference.
Smart Study Techniques
With a combination of instruction, independent practice and plenty of opportunities to put developing skills to the test, we can ensure good study habits become a way of life!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
Since no two children are exactly alike, the best approach for encouraging smart study habits and reinforcing positive attitudes and behaviors won’t be the same across the board. That’s where our Personalized Tutoring program comes in. The following skill sets are covered:
- Research skills: Finding and evaluating relevant sources, and writing an accurate bibliography.
- Effective note taking strategies: From color coding to flash cards, study aids can help material stick.
- Active reading skills: Better reading comprehension will be valuable to your child in every subject.
- Time management: Supplement strong study habits with good prioritization and organizational skills.
- Master the writing process: Encourage your child to become a stronger, more effective writer.
- Online safety: Tips for locating and evaluate relevant sources as well as how to share digital information responsibly.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Our expert tutors are dedicated to teaching your teen strong study habits, digital literacy, goal setting, time management an and research and writing skills — all of which will be with him or her well into university and beyond. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Feel more confident: We teach positive behaviors and attitudes — not just academic skills — to help teens approach new challenges with unshakeable confidence.
- Build the right skills: Choose which areas need attention — such as time management or presentation skills — to ensure we're making the biggest possible difference for your young learner.
- Acquire life-long assets: We're here to provide important career preparation, including job interview techniques and even public speaking!