As your child gets older, school workloads will grow and assignment difficulty will increase — but it’s possible for your child to confidently take on new challenges. With Sylvan’s study skills programs in Vernon, your child will spend time learning effective time management and exam prep strategies that will put them on the right track towards successful university applications. It's a great way to make sure that growing "to do" list doesn't have any negative effects. After all, our study skills program focuses on practical organizational skills as well as proven academic techniques. That’s how our experts prepare students in Vernon for success an all facets of their lives.
Relevant and Personalized
Not all adolescents have the same needs when it comes to developing those all-important "higher order" thinking skills. In fact, anything from exam preparation, assignment planning to active listening skills could be needed to maximize all-round academic performance. That's why we take each student's unique needs into consideration, tailoring our sessions to focus on proven ways to study more effectively and boost grades.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors That Make a Difference
After you've signed your son or daughter up for our study skills program in Vernon, what can you expect next? Our tutoring experts will focus on teaching useful, life-long study skills that can be applied towards greater achievements in class and beyond. That includes tips for managing exam preparation and project planning more effectively. We also acknowledge each and every milestone students reach, which helps to ensure they continue using their new-found habits, skills and attitudes.
Take a closer look at our study skills program:
- Time management advice and smart organizational tips that will help develop better habits.
- Note-taking methods.
- More effective learning skills, including active reading, active listening and improved presentation skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies offer guidance and help reduce anxiety. How to utilize and share digital information wisely.
- Writing and research advice on how to choose the best sources and write an accurate bibliography.
- Tips for understanding the university admissions process and preparing for job interviews.
- Convenient class times so you can manage your family’s time and resources more efficiently.