The older your child gets, the more difficult and demanding school assignments are going to become — but that just means he or she will have to develop the skills to conquer every new challenge that comes along. With Sylvan's study skills programs in Vernon, you can help your child manage his or her time better, prepare for exams more effectively and lay the groundwork for a successful university application. It's a great way to find out how to get the better of any "to do" list. But our study skills program doesn’t just encourage academic success — it also improves organizational habits that students will put to good use outside of the classroom. Our instructors know exactly how to set students in Vernon up for future success.
A Tailored, Personal Approach
Not all adolescents have the same needs when it comes to developing those all-important "higher order" thinking skills. In fact, anything from exam preparation, assignment planning to active listening skills could be needed to maximize all-round academic performance. At Sylvan, we start by evaluating each student’s needs so we’re able to tailor our approach and fill each session with relevant ways to improve grades through better study habits.▼
An Immediate and Long-Lasting Difference
After you've signed your son or daughter up for our study skills program in Vernon, what can you expect next? Our tutoring experts will impart study skills that are not only applicable in school but can also be used throughout life. They will also provide useful tips for improving test preparation as well as assignment and project planning. We also acknowledge each and every milestone students reach, which helps to ensure they continue using their new-found habits, skills and attitudes.
Our study skills program offers:
- Active reading and listening strategies, as well as presentation techniques.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to manage anxiety and take on various types of questions.
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Writing and research tips, including how to assess the suitability of sources and create a bibliography.
- How to use and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the university admissions process.