As your child progresses through his or her school career, you can expect the workloads to get bigger and the assignments to get tougher — but there is a way to successfully prepare for these challenges. Thanks to Sylvan’s study skills programs in Vancouver, your child will develop better time management and exam preparation skills while also getting ready for future university applications. It’s the ideal way to foster positive habits for managing even the most extensive “to do” list. But our study skills program doesn’t just encourage academic success — it also improves organizational habits that students will put to good use outside of the classroom. That’s how our experts help prepare students in Vancouver for success in the classroom and beyond.
Relevant and Personalized
When it comes to strengthening those all-important "higher order" thinking skills, different students have different needs. We offer everything from assistance with exam preparation and assignment planning to research strategies and techniques for developing better active listening skills. That's why we personalize our sessions to make sure each student has the support and guidance to study more effectively, boost grades and gain more confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Our Tutors Make a Difference
So what happens once your son or daughter is registered for our study skills program in Vancouver? You'll see that our tutors are experts at instilling study habits that will serve your child well in the classroom and beyond. That includes handy tips that make all kinds of exams, assignments and tests much more manageable. Our number one focus is nurturing a positive attitude and sustainable habits, making sure to take the time to recognize every student’s progress.
Our study skills program at a glance:
- Tips for developing better planning habits that will improve time management and organization.
- Stronger reading comprehension, active listening and presentation skills.
- Writing and research methods that will improve ability to find accurate sources and write a bibliography.
- Note taking habits that will improve comprehension and make studying more efficient.
- Advice for test preparation and reducing anxiety on test day.
- Strategies for locating, evaluating and sharing digital information responsibly.
- Tips for navigating the university admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Flexible schedule options that allow you to manage your family’s time effectively.