As your child progresses through his or her school career, you can expect the workloads to get bigger and the assignments to get tougher — but there is a way to successfully prepare for these challenges. With our study skills program in Vancouver, you can help your child get ahead of the game when it comes to time management, exam preparation and even university applications. It's a great way to make sure that growing "to do" list doesn't have any negative effects. After all, we emphasize practical organizational skills as part of our study skills program in addition to proven academic techniques. That's how we help Vancouver pre-teens and teens prepare to succeed in the classroom and beyond.
A Tailored, Personal Approach
School students have different needs when it comes to honing transferable "higher order" thinking skills. In fact, maximizing academic performance could take a variety of different techniques, such as active listening, assignment planning and exam preparation. At Sylvan, we assess each student's needs to ensure our sessions are not only relevant but personalized, focusing on the most effective ways to study better, boost grades and gain confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Our Tutors Make a Difference
So what happens next once you've registered your son or daughter for our study skills program in Vancouver? Our tutoring experts will teach practical skills for studying and organizing that can be used in and beyond the classroom. That includes sharing study tips that will make assignments, projects and tests much more manageable. We also help students nurture positive habits, recognizing every skill mastered and every milestone reached.
Our program at a glance:
- Tips for developing better time management and planning habits.
- Test day strategies for managing stress and improving results.
- Efficient note-taking techniques that will make studying and preparing for tests easier.
- Active reading and listening strategies that will increase comprehension and improve presentation skills.
- Learn research best practices, how to choose the right sources and how to write an accurate bibliography.
- Practice and improve written communication skills.
- Help navigating the ins and out of the university admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Beneficial scheduling options that will help you manage your family’s time effectively.
Start Now and Save