The older your child gets, the more difficult and demanding school assignments are going to become — but that just means he or she will have to develop the skills to conquer every new challenge that comes along. With our study skills program in Surrey, you can help your child get ahead of the game when it comes to time management, exam preparation and even university applications. It's a great way to stay on top of even the most demanding "to do" lists. Our study skills program focuses on more than academic best practices — it also builds positive organizational habits that last a lifetime. After all, success at school demands strong organizational habits as well as effective academic skills.
Tailored to be More Personal
Different students have different needs when it comes to mastering those critically important "higher order" thinking skills. Developing strategies for more effective exam preparation, assignment planning and active listening in the classroom are all essential to long-term success. At Sylvan, we’ll spend time understanding each student’s personal needs and learning style in order to make sure they get the most out of every session, building confidence and better study skills along the way.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors That Make a Difference
So what happens next once you've registered your son or daughter for our study skills program in Surrey? You'll learn that our tutors are skilled at teaching effective habits that your child will be able to rely on in the classroom and beyond. That includes handy tips that make all kinds of exams, assignments and tests much more manageable. Our main goal is to instill a positive attitude, making sure we take the time to recognize students for the progress they make during each session.
Our study skills program offers:
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits to better manage time and responsibilities.
- Active reading strategies, including reading comprehension strategies, as well as active listening strategies and presentation skills.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to tackle different types of questions and manage anxiety.
- Writing and research tips such as learning how to evaluate sources and write a bibliography.
- How to locate, evaluate and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the university admissions process and prepare for job interviews. Convenient scheduling options to make it easier for you to manage your family's time!