As your child continues to progress through each grade, workloads and assignments will become tougher to manage — but there are strategies for conquering new challenges with ease. Sylvan’s study skills programs in Richmond make teaching solid time management and exam prep methods a top priority so your child is better prepared for upcoming university applications. It's a great way to make sure that growing "to do" list doesn't have any negative effects. In fact, our study skills program doesn't only focus on academic techniques: it builds great all-round organizational habits that last a lifetime. That's how our experts tee up Richmond students for real success at school — and beyond.
Relevant and Personalized
Every student learns those all important “higher order” thinking skills differently. In fact, a combination of techniques are needed to ensure the best possible academic performance, including advanced research skills, assignment planning and the ability to use active listening in class. That's why we take each student's unique needs into consideration, tailoring our sessions to focus on proven ways to study more effectively and boost grades.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors You Can Count On
So what can you expect when you register your son or daughter for our study skills program in Richmond? Our tutoring experts will teach practical skills for studying and organizing that can be used in and beyond the classroom. They will also provide useful tips for improving test preparation as well as assignment and project planning. We also reinforce positive habits and attitudes, recognizing students for every skill they learn and milestone they reach.
Our study skills program offers:
- Active reading and listening strategies, as well as presentation techniques.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to manage anxiety and take on various types of questions.
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Writing and research tips, including how to assess the suitability of sources and create a bibliography.
- How to use and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the university admissions process.