As your child makes his or her way through school, it's inevitable that the workloads will become more demanding and the assignments will get tougher — but there is a way to prepare for these growing challenges. Register your child for Sylvan's study skills program in Richmond and we'll help him or her manage time better, prepare for exams effectively and even start laying the groundwork for a great university application. It’s the ideal way to foster positive habits for managing even the most extensive “to do” list. Our study skills program focuses on more than academic best practices — it also builds positive organizational habits that last a lifetime. That’s how our experts help prepare students in Richmond for success in the classroom and beyond.
Our Personal Learning Experience
No two students are exactly the same when it comes to learning those all important “higher order” thinking skills. In fact, a combination of techniques are needed to ensure the best possible academic performance, including advanced research skills, assignment planning and the ability to use active listening in class. That's why we assess each student's needs to help ensure every session is both relevant and personalized, emphasizing the most effective ways to study, achieve better grades and gain confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Our Tutors Can Help Make a Difference
Register your child in one of our study skills programs in Richmond and you can expect nothing but positive changes. You'll learn that our tutors are skilled at teaching effective habits that your child will be able to rely on in the classroom and beyond. That includes study tips that reveal how to make assignments and exams less intimidating and more manageable. We also reinforce positive habits and attitudes, recognizing students for every skill they learn and milestone they reach.
Take a closer look at our study skills program:
- Tips for developing better planning habits that will improve time management and organization.
- Stronger reading comprehension, active listening and presentation skills.
- Writing and research methods that will improve ability to find accurate sources and write a bibliography.
- Note taking habits that will improve comprehension and make studying more efficient.
- Advice for test preparation and reducing anxiety on test day.
- Strategies for locating, evaluating and sharing digital information responsibly.
- Tips for navigating the university admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Flexible schedule options that allow you to manage your family’s time effectively.