Workloads grow and assignments get tougher as your child progresses through school, but there is a way to successfully take on these challenges. Register your child for Sylvan’s study skills programs in Richmond, and he or she will learn better time management and test prep strategies and start laying the groundwork for tackling future challenges ahead. It's a great way to learn how to take on even the longest "to do" list.
Tailored to Fit Individual Needs
Not all adolescents have the same needs when it comes to developing those all-important "higher order" thinking skills. We offer everything from assistance with exam preparation and assignment planning to research strategies and techniques for developing better active listening skills. At Sylvan, we start by evaluating each student’s needs so we’re able to tailor our approach and fill each session with relevant ways to improve grades through better study habits.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Our Tutors Make a Difference
After you've signed your son or daughter up for our study skills program in Richmond, what can you expect next? Our tutoring experts will focus on teaching useful, life-long study skills that can be applied towards greater achievements in class and beyond. They will also provide useful tips for improving test preparation as well as assignment and project planning. We also work on encouraging a positive attitude and acknowledging students for every goal and milestone reached.
What your child will take away from our study skills program:
- Time management advice and smart organizational tips that will help develop better habits.
- Note-taking methods.
- More effective learning skills, including active reading, active listening and improved presentation skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies offer guidance and help reduce anxiety.
- How to utilize and share digital information wisely.
- Writing and research advice on how to choose the best sources and write an accurate bibliography.
- Tips for understanding the university admissions process and preparing for job interviews.
- Convenient class times so you can manage your family’s time and resources more efficiently.