Workloads grow and assignments get tougher as your child progresses through school, but there is a way to successfully take on these challenges. With our study skills program in Richmond, you can help your child get ahead of the game when it comes to time management, exam preparation and even university applications. It's a great way to stay on top of even the most demanding "to do" lists. After all, our study skills program isn't only focused on academics: it emphasizes all-round organizational tools and techniques as well. That's how our study skills experts are helping Richmond students get on the path to success in the classroom and beyond.
A Tailored Approach with a Personal Touch
Every student learns those all important “higher order” thinking skills differently. In fact, anything from exam preparation, assignment planning to active listening skills could be needed to maximize all-round academic performance. At Sylvan, we start by evaluating each student’s needs so we’re able to tailor our approach and fill each session with relevant ways to improve grades through better study habits.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Our Tutors Can Help Make a Difference
So what happens next once you've registered your son or daughter for our study skills program in Richmond? Our tutoring experts will impart study skills that are not only applicable in school but can also be used throughout life. That includes tips for making completing assignments and studying for tests that much easier. We also work on encouraging a positive attitude and acknowledging students for every goal and milestone reached.
Our program covers the following:
- Active reading and listening strategies, as well as presentation techniques.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to manage anxiety and take on various types of questions.
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Writing and research tips, including how to assess the suitability of sources and create a bibliography.
- How to use and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the university admissions process.