As your child gets older, school workloads will grow and assignment difficulty will increase — but it’s possible for your child to confidently take on new challenges. Sylvan’s study skills programs in Prince George make teaching solid time management and exam prep methods a top priority so your child is better prepared for upcoming university applications. It’s an effective way to nurture the skills to manage any “to do” list. After all, our study skills program focuses on practical organizational skills as well as proven academic techniques. That’s how our experts prepare students in Prince George for success an all facets of their lives.
A Tailored Approach with a Personal Touch
Different students have different needs when it comes to mastering those critically important "higher order" thinking skills. We provide tips for smarter assignment planning and exam preparation as well as effective research strategies and advice on how to improve in-class learning with better active listening skills. At Sylvan, we assess each student's needs to ensure our sessions are not only relevant but personalized, focusing on the most effective ways to study better, boost grades and gain confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
An Immediate and Long-Lasting Difference
So what should your expectations be when you register your child for our study skills program in Prince George? Our tutors will be there to encourage positive study and concentration skills that will last a lifetime. That includes tips for managing exam preparation and project planning more effectively. We also help students nurture positive habits, recognizing every skill mastered and every milestone reached.
Our program covers the following:
- Time management advice and smart organizational tips that will help develop better habits.
- Note-taking methods.
- More effective learning skills, including active reading, active listening and improved presentation skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies offer guidance and help reduce anxiety. How to utilize and share digital information wisely.
- Writing and research advice on how to choose the best sources and write an accurate bibliography.
- Tips for understanding the university admissions process and preparing for job interviews.
- Convenient class times so you can manage your family’s time and resources more efficiently.