As your child progresses through school, the workloads get bigger and the assignments get tougher — but there is a way to take on these challenges with confidence and ease. Thanks to Sylvan’s study skills programs in Prince George, your child will develop better time management and exam preparation skills while also getting ready for future university applications. It’s an effective way to nurture the skills to manage any “to do” list. After all, our study skills program isn't only focused on academics: it emphasizes all-round organizational tools and techniques as well. That's how we help Prince George pre-teens and teens prepare to succeed in the classroom and beyond.
Tailored to be More Personal
Different students have different needs when it comes to mastering those critically important "higher order" thinking skills. Anything from help with exam preparation, assignment planning and research techniques to developing advanced active listening skills for maximizing in-class learning could be required. That's why we personalize our sessions to make sure each student has the support and guidance to study more effectively, boost grades and gain more confidence.▼
Tutors That Teach the Right Habits
So what happens next once you've registered your son or daughter for our study skills program in Prince George? You'll learn that our tutors are skilled at teaching effective habits that your child will be able to rely on in the classroom and beyond. That includes tips for making completing assignments and studying for tests that much easier. We also work on encouraging a positive attitude and acknowledging students for every goal and milestone reached.
Take a closer look at our study skills program:
- Time management advice and smart organizational tips that will help develop better habits.
- Note-taking methods.
- More effective learning skills, including active reading, active listening and improved presentation skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies offer guidance and help reduce anxiety. How to utilize and share digital information wisely.
- Writing and research advice on how to choose the best sources and write an accurate bibliography.
- Tips for understanding the university admissions process and preparing for job interviews.
- Convenient class times so you can manage your family’s time and resources more efficiently.