As your child continues to progress through each grade, workloads and assignments will become tougher to manage — but there are strategies for conquering new challenges with ease. With our study skills program in Prince George, you can help your son or daughter develop better time management skills, learn more effective exam preparation methods and even lay the groundwork for a compelling university application. It’s the ideal way to foster positive habits for managing even the most extensive “to do” list. Our study skills program not only helps improve academic performance — it also builds valuable organizational skills that extend into the real world. That’s how our experts help prepare students in Prince George for success in the classroom and beyond.
An Approach Tailored to Your Child
Different students have different needs when it comes to mastering those critically important "higher order" thinking skills. We offer everything from assistance with exam preparation and assignment planning to research strategies and techniques for developing better active listening skills. At Sylvan, we take each student’s unique learning style into consideration to make sure our sessions are relevant as well as personalized, zeroing in on the most beneficial ways to study, leading to better grades and more confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Our Tutors Can Help Make a Difference
Wondering what you can look forward to once you've registered your child for our study skills program in Prince George? Our tutors will be there to encourage positive study and concentration skills that will last a lifetime. That includes sharing study tips that will make assignments, projects and tests much more manageable. We also recognize every milestone reached, encouraging students to continue fostering their new habits, skills and attitudes.
Our study skills program at a glance:
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits to better manage time and responsibilities.
- Active reading strategies, including reading comprehension strategies, as well as active listening strategies and presentation skills.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to tackle different types of questions and manage anxiety.
- Writing and research tips such as learning how to evaluate sources and write a bibliography.
- How to locate, evaluate and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the university admissions process and prepare for job interviews. Convenient scheduling options to make it easier for you to manage your family's time!
Start Now and Save