Workloads grow and assignments get tougher as your child progresses through school, but there is a way to successfully take on these challenges. Register your child for Sylvan’s study skills programs in Prince George, and he or she will learn better time management and exam prep strategies and start laying the groundwork for future university applications. It's a great way to stay on top of even the most demanding "to do" lists. Our study skills program focuses on more than academic best practices — it also builds positive organizational habits that last a lifetime. Our study skills experts are dedicated to preparing your child for success in school and beyond.
A Tailored, Personal Approach
No two adolescents have identical learning styles — and that includes how they develop those essential “higher order” thinking skills. Anything from help with exam preparation, assignment planning and research techniques to developing advanced active listening skills for maximizing in-class learning could be required. That's why our sessions are tailored to be personal and relevant, equipping students with the tools they need to be effective, confident learners.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
See the Difference We Can Make
So what happens next once you've registered your son or daughter for our study skills program in Prince George? Our tutoring experts will teach practical skills for studying and organizing that can be used in and beyond the classroom. That includes tips for making completing assignments and studying for tests that much easier. We also acknowledge each and every milestone students reach, which helps to ensure they continue using their new-found habits, skills and attitudes.
Our study skills program offers:
- Time management advice and smart organizational tips that will help develop better habits.
- Note-taking methods.
- More effective learning skills, including active reading, active listening and improved presentation skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies offer guidance and help reduce anxiety. How to utilize and share digital information wisely.
- Writing and research advice on how to choose the best sources and write an accurate bibliography.
- Tips for understanding the university admissions process and preparing for job interviews.
- Convenient class times so you can manage your family’s time and resources more efficiently.