As your child progresses through school, the workloads get bigger and the assignments get tougher — but there is a way to take on these challenges with confidence and ease. Register your child for Sylvan’s study skills programs in North Vancouver, and he or she will learn better time management and exam prep strategies and start laying the groundwork for future university applications. It's a great way to make sure that growing "to do" list doesn't have any negative effects. After all, our study skills program isn't only focused on academics: it emphasizes all-round organizational tools and techniques as well. Our instructors know exactly how to set students in North Vancouver up for future success.
A Personalized Approach
No two students are exactly the same when it comes to learning those all important “higher order” thinking skills. In fact, a combination of techniques are needed to ensure the best possible academic performance, including advanced research skills, assignment planning and the ability to use active listening in class. At Sylvan, we start by evaluating each student’s needs so we’re able to tailor our approach and fill each session with relevant ways to improve grades through better study habits.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors That Teach the Right Habits
So what can you expect when you register your son or daughter for our study skills program in North Vancouver? Our tutoring experts will impart study skills that are not only applicable in school but can also be used throughout life. That includes tips for making completing assignments and studying for tests that much easier. We also work on encouraging a positive attitude and acknowledging students for every goal and milestone reached.
What your child will take away from our study skills program:
- Tips for developing better time management and planning habits.
- Test day strategies for managing stress and improving results.
- Efficient note-taking techniques that will make studying and preparing for tests easier.
- Active reading and listening strategies that will increase comprehension and improve presentation skills.
- Learn research best practices, how to choose the right sources and how to write an accurate bibliography.
- Practice and improve written communication skills.
- Help navigating the ins and out of the university admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Beneficial scheduling options that will help you manage your family’s time effectively.