As your child makes his or her way through school, it's inevitable that the workloads will become more demanding and the assignments will get tougher — but there is a way to prepare for these growing challenges. Thanks to Sylvan’s study skills programs in North Vancouver, your child will develop better time management and exam preparation skills while also getting ready for future university applications. It's a great way to make sure that growing "to do" list doesn't have any negative effects. Our study skills program focuses on more than academic best practices — it also builds positive organizational habits that last a lifetime. That's how we help North Vancouver pre-teens and teens prepare to succeed in the classroom and beyond.
A Tailored, Personal Approach
Not all adolescents have the same needs when it comes to developing those all-important "higher order" thinking skills. Developing strategies for more effective exam preparation, assignment planning and active listening in the classroom are all essential to long-term success. At Sylvan, we’ll spend time understanding each student’s personal needs and learning style in order to make sure they get the most out of every session, building confidence and better study skills along the way.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
An Immediate and Long-Lasting Difference
Register your child in one of our study skills programs in North Vancouver and you can expect nothing but positive changes. Our tutoring experts will instill life-long study skills that will pay dividends far beyond school. That includes sharing study tips that will make assignments, projects and tests much more manageable. We also recognize every milestone reached, encouraging students to continue fostering their new habits, skills and attitudes.
Our study skills program offers:
- Guidance towards effective planning and time management strategies.
- Tips for more efficient note-taking like using flash cards.
- Reading comprehension techniques that will improve ability to understand and retain information.
- Research best practices for finding quality online sources and sharing digital information as responsibly as possible.
- Advice for improving written communication skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies cover different types of questions and help manage nerves.
- Guidance through the university admissions process and tips for preparing for job interviews.
- Handy scheduling options that will make it easier to fit in all your priorities.