Workloads grow and assignments get tougher as your child progresses through school, but there is a way to successfully take on these challenges. Sylvan's study skills program in North Vancouver is designed to help students improve their time management, learn how to prepare for exams and start working towards a strong university application. It’s an effective way to nurture the skills to manage any “to do” list. After all, our study skills program focuses on practical organizational skills as well as proven academic techniques. Our instructors know exactly how to set students in North Vancouver up for future success.
Tailored to be More Personal
Not all adolescents have the same needs when it comes to developing those all-important "higher order" thinking skills. In fact, a combination of techniques are needed to ensure the best possible academic performance, including advanced research skills, assignment planning and the ability to use active listening in class. At Sylvan, we take each student’s unique learning style into consideration to make sure our sessions are relevant as well as personalized, zeroing in on the most beneficial ways to study, leading to better grades and more confidence.▼
See the Difference We Can Make
After you've signed your son or daughter up for our study skills program in North Vancouver, what can you expect next? Our tutoring experts will focus on teaching useful, life-long study skills that can be applied towards greater achievements in class and beyond. That includes handy tips that make all kinds of exams, assignments and tests much more manageable. We also help students nurture positive habits, recognizing every skill mastered and every milestone reached.
What your child will take away from our study skills program:
- Time management tips, note-taking techniques and stronger organizational skills.
- Advanced comprehensive strategies, including active reading and active listening.
- Test prep and test day strategies that cover every kind of exam question and reveal how to control anxiety levels.
- How to evaluate sources, write a bibliography, and use digital resources responsibly.
- How to put together a successful university application.
- Resume and cover letter techniques, as well as job interview preparation tips.