As your child makes his or her way through school, it's inevitable that the workloads will become more demanding and the assignments will get tougher — but there is a way to prepare for these growing challenges. Register your child for Sylvan's study skills program in Nanaimo and we'll help him or her manage time better, prepare for exams effectively and even start laying the groundwork for a great university application. It's a great way to stay on top of even the most demanding "to do" lists. Our study skills program focuses on more than academic best practices — it also builds positive organizational habits that last a lifetime. Our instructors know exactly how to set students in Nanaimo up for future success.
A Customized, Personal Approach
Every student learns those all important “higher order” thinking skills differently. In fact, a combination of techniques are needed to ensure the best possible academic performance, including advanced research skills, assignment planning and the ability to use active listening in class. At Sylvan, we take each student’s unique learning style into consideration to make sure our sessions are relevant as well as personalized, zeroing in on the most beneficial ways to study, leading to better grades and more confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Getting into the Right Habits
So what is in store when you register your son or daughter for our study skills program in Nanaimo? Our tutors will be there to encourage positive study and concentration skills that will last a lifetime. That includes revealing methods to take the intimidation factor out of assignments, projects and tests. We also focus on fostering a positive attitude towards education by making sure to acknowledge every student’s accomplishments on a regular basis.
Our study skills program includes:
- Time management advice and smart organizational tips that will help develop better habits.
- Note-taking methods.
- More effective learning skills, including active reading, active listening and improved presentation skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies offer guidance and help reduce anxiety. How to utilize and share digital information wisely.
- Writing and research advice on how to choose the best sources and write an accurate bibliography.
- Tips for understanding the university admissions process and preparing for job interviews.
- Convenient class times so you can manage your family’s time and resources more efficiently.