As your child makes his or her way through school, it's inevitable that the workloads will become more demanding and the assignments will get tougher — but there is a way to prepare for these growing challenges. With Sylvan's study skills programs in Nanaimo, you can help your child manage his or her time better, prepare for tests more effectively and lay the groundwork for conquering the challenges that lie ahead. It’s an excellent way to encourage the best habits for staying on top of even the longest “to do” list.
A Tailored Approach with a Personal Touch
No two adolescents have identical learning styles — and that includes how they develop those essential “higher order” thinking skills. Anything from help with exam preparation, assignment planning and research techniques to developing advanced active listening skills for maximizing in-class learning could be required. That's why we assess each student's needs to help ensure every session is both relevant and personalized, emphasizing the most effective ways to study, achieve better grades and gain confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Getting into the Right Habits
So what happens next once you've registered your son or daughter for our study skills program in Nanaimo? Our tutoring experts will teach practical skills for studying and organizing that can be used in and beyond the classroom. That includes sharing techniques that are proven to make exams, projects, assignments and other schoolwork more manageable. We also help students foster their newly acquired habits and attitudes, recognizing each milestone reached and every skill mastered.
Our study skills program includes:
- Time management advice and smart organizational tips that will help develop better habits.
- Note-taking methods.
- More effective learning skills, including active reading, active listening and improved presentation skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies offer guidance and help reduce anxiety.
- How to utilize and share digital information wisely.
- Writing and research advice on how to choose the best sources and write an accurate bibliography.
- Tips for understanding the university admissions process and preparing for job interviews.
- Convenient class times so you can manage your family’s time and resources more efficiently.