Workloads grow and assignments get tougher as your child progresses through school, but there is a way to successfully take on these challenges. With Sylvan's study skills programs in Nanaimo, you can help your child manage his or her time better, prepare for exams more effectively and lay the groundwork for a successful university application. It's a great way to gain the skills needed to balance even the longest "to do" list. After all, our study skills program isn't only focused on academics: it emphasizes all-round organizational tools and techniques as well. Our study skills experts are dedicated to preparing your child for success in school and beyond.
A Tailored Approach with a Personal Touch
School students have different needs when it comes to honing transferable "higher order" thinking skills. Developing strategies for more effective exam preparation, assignment planning and active listening in the classroom are all essential to long-term success. That's why we assess each student's needs to help ensure every session is both relevant and personalized, emphasizing the most effective ways to study, achieve better grades and gain confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Getting into the Right Habits
So what can you expect when you register your son or daughter for our study skills program in Nanaimo? Our tutoring experts will teach practical skills for studying and organizing that can be used in and beyond the classroom. That includes tips for managing exam preparation and project planning more effectively. We also focus on fostering a positive attitude towards education by making sure to acknowledge every student’s accomplishments on a regular basis.
Take a closer look at our study skills program:
- Active reading and listening strategies, as well as presentation techniques.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to manage anxiety and take on various types of questions.
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Writing and research tips, including how to assess the suitability of sources and create a bibliography.
- How to use and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the university admissions process.