As your child continues to progress through each grade, workloads and assignments will become tougher to manage — but there are strategies for conquering new challenges with ease. Sylvan's study skills program in Maple Ridge is designed to help students improve their time management, learn how to prepare for exams and start working towards a strong university application. It’s the ideal way to foster positive habits for managing even the most extensive “to do” list. In addition to focusing on effective techniques for academic success, our study skills program also gives students foundation of organizational skills they can take out into the real world. Our study skills experts are dedicated to preparing your child for success in school and beyond.
Relevant and Personalized
Not all students learn those essential “higher order” thinking skills the same way. From exam preparation to advanced research and active listening skills, a number of factors have to be considered in order to maximize all-round academic performance. At Sylvan, we assess each student's needs to ensure our sessions are not only relevant but personalized, focusing on the most effective ways to study better, boost grades and gain confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors That Teach the Right Habits
Register your child in one of our study skills programs in Maple Ridge and you can expect nothing but positive changes. Our tutoring experts will teach practical skills for studying and organizing that can be used in and beyond the classroom. That includes study tips that reveal how to make assignments and exams less intimidating and more manageable. We also reinforce positive habits and attitudes, recognizing students for every skill they learn and milestone they reach.
Our study skills program at a glance:
- Strategic and academic planning: How to set goals and track projects in the short-term and long-term.
- Time management: How to use your time more effectively and manage workloads.
- Better organization: How to create a better personal study space and organize schoolwork.
- Planning and performance management: How to make use of an academic planner and track grades.
- Expectation management: How to identify teacher expectations, understand priorities and start using active listening techniques in class.
- Higher education and career preparation: How to successfully navigate the university admissions process, write a compelling cover letter and prepare for a job interview.