As your child progresses through his or her school career, you can expect the workloads to get bigger and the assignments to get tougher — but there is a way to successfully prepare for these challenges. Thanks to Sylvan’s study skills programs in Kelowna, your child will develop better time management and exam preparation skills while also getting ready for future university applications. It's a great way to learn how to take on even the longest "to do" list. Our study skills program not only helps improve academic performance — it also builds valuable organizational skills that extend into the real world. That's how our study skills experts are helping Kelowna students get on the path to success in the classroom and beyond.
Tailored to Fit Individual Needs
When it comes to strengthening those all-important "higher order" thinking skills, different students have different needs. In fact, a combination of techniques are needed to ensure the best possible academic performance, including advanced research skills, assignment planning and the ability to use active listening in class. That's why we personalize our sessions to make sure each student has the support and guidance to study more effectively, boost grades and gain more confidence.▼
An Immediate and Long-Lasting Difference
So what happens next once you've registered your son or daughter for our study skills program in Kelowna? You'll see that our tutors are experts at instilling study habits that will serve your child well in the classroom and beyond. That includes advice on how to make test preparation and project planning more manageable. We also acknowledge each and every milestone students reach, which helps to ensure they continue using their new-found habits, skills and attitudes.
Our program covers the following:
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits to better manage time and responsibilities.
- Active reading strategies, including reading comprehension strategies, as well as active listening strategies and presentation skills.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to tackle different types of questions and manage anxiety.
- Writing and research tips such as learning how to evaluate sources and write a bibliography.
- How to locate, evaluate and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the university admissions process and prepare for job interviews. Convenient scheduling options to make it easier for you to manage your family's time!