As your child makes his or her way through school, it's inevitable that the workloads will become more demanding and the assignments will get tougher — but there is a way to prepare for these growing challenges. Thanks to Sylvan’s study skills programs in Kelowna, your child will develop better time management and exam preparation skills while also getting ready for future university applications. It's a great way to gain the skills needed to balance even the longest "to do" list. After all, our study skills program isn't only focused on academics: it emphasizes all-round organizational tools and techniques as well. That's how our study skills experts are helping Kelowna students get on the path to success in the classroom and beyond.
A Tailored, Personal Approach
No two students are exactly the same when it comes to learning those all important “higher order” thinking skills. From exam preparation to advanced research and active listening skills, a number of factors have to be considered in order to maximize all-round academic performance. At Sylvan, we’ll spend time understanding each student’s personal needs and learning style in order to make sure they get the most out of every session, building confidence and better study skills along the way.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors That Make a Difference
Wondering what you can look forward to once you've registered your child for our study skills program in Kelowna? Our experienced tutors will be there to help your child develop study skills that will last a lifetime. That includes tips for managing exam preparation and project planning more effectively. We also acknowledge each and every milestone students reach, which helps to ensure they continue using their new-found habits, skills and attitudes.
What your child will take away from our study skills program:
- Time management advice and smart organizational tips that will help develop better habits.
- Note-taking methods.
- More effective learning skills, including active reading, active listening and improved presentation skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies offer guidance and help reduce anxiety. How to utilize and share digital information wisely.
- Writing and research advice on how to choose the best sources and write an accurate bibliography.
- Tips for understanding the university admissions process and preparing for job interviews.
- Convenient class times so you can manage your family’s time and resources more efficiently.